Hello From Iowa

sarconastic

Hello,

I'm Woody, I stumbled across the Rc Trainer on Youtube and decided to get back into flying. Haven't flown since the mid 80's when my beautiful 56" Wingspan Corsair did a lawn dart into the tarmac. 2 radios --- one bird = toothpicks. Couldn't afford to build a new plane on a highschool income so I got out of the sport. Now I am older and have a little better disposable income and decided to try it again. Especially if a crash costs less that $5 to build a new plane.

So I built one Rc trainer and got online and the addiction took hold. First I ordered an older Futaba 6 channel radio similar to the old ones I liked to fly back in the day. it had servos and everything. But I have since ordered a cheap 2.4 ghz radio to use. the FlySky fs-t6. I used T-pro 9 gram servos and Tenergy lipo pack. 4 button charger is coming and 100Kv motor and 30A Esc. I built the first plane from white foam board from Wally world and decided I wanted a black one so I built a black one to do a POW MIA version, from foam from Dollar General. HUGE difference in weight . the Walmart foam is a full 1/4" where as the dollar general Is not. literally 1/3 less heavy.

I have a vinyl cutter a well so the graphics will be fun for these.

I will post more when I get the plane up and flying. Hopefully not crashing, after this long not:sad0147: flying.

THanks

Woody

Derek

Hi there, Woody! Welcome to the forum!

I've built the RCH Trainer, a couple of times, and I've had a lot of fun with it. It's a great little plane and it can take a small amount of abuse. Good luck with your build. Be sure to post pictures and/or video of your build and we must have video of the maiden flight, lol. Take care!

sarconastic

I am almost positive whatever video I share will be labeled the maiden flight, but not sure it will be the...first... maiden flight LOL. Unless it goes flawlessly. :wink:

Woody

Top Bottom