Hello from California

California Jim

Like a few others I to played with RC stuff and slot cars in the late 60's. Have 70mm F-14 Tomcat. Haven't flown it as of yet. Waiting for my trainer and Spektrum DX8 to arrive and get some major stick time in.

Like others my age I'm am retired. So flying will be a two edge sword - On one hand it will keep me out of trouble but on the wallet side I know I'll be in the dog house often

Getting ready to joining AMA and one or two of my area clubs... Both have wonderful sites with hardtop and dirt runways and one during the rainy season developes a wonderfully large pond for floater flying.

Great to be here and thank you Tony for the videos!

Tony

Staff member
Hey Jim, welcome to RCH. I would highly suggest flying the trainer before that F-14. The 14 changes CoG really bad with the wing sweep and needs a lot of air speed to stay in the air.

Make sure to post some pictures of this bird, would like to see it.

:welcome1:

trainrider06

Hi Jim welcome to the forum!
As Tony says post some pix of that bird! Those are cool!
Who makes it? I'd love a plane like that some day!

Smoggie

Welcome to the forum Jim. Get lots of stick time on the trainer before even thinking about the F14, in fact it would probably be wise to have an intermediate model between the trainer and the F14 because going straight from a basic trainer to a fast EDF swing wing jet is a huge jump.

What trainer have you gone for?

sneezy007

Welcome to the forum Jim, I'm a heli and quad guy. Love the F-14 and Warthog, in fact I saw a turbine Warthog at a RC airshow I attended last weekend.
Sounds and smells just like the real thing.

Cheers,
Dino

Top Bottom