Hello Everyone

cowboy333

Hi, I'm Darren from kent in the uk. I've just brought myself a trex 450 clone electric heli and a couple of rc planes, I'm looking forward to learning to fly them. I've always had rc cars but felt it was time to expand my rc collection.

Graham Lawrie

Welcome on board Darren, this is a great site, loads of help on here. A flight sim like Phoenix will help and save you a fortune on crashes.

cowboy333

Hi Graham,
Thanks for the advice. I've got myself a copy of realflight 5.5 and having a play with the heli hover training, not as easy as you first think. Did this after getting my helicopter and thinking "how difficult can this be" and crashing it within a minute of switching it on. Not really the same as rc cars. Still at least I didn't damage the helicopter and it's now been put into storage for a while until I've had a lot of practice on the simulator.

wolfman76

welcome to the rc-help family darren you are gonna love it here no other site as friendly as we all are... and did you say you crashed your heli first time flying it with no damage.. don't know if you had checked the feathering shaft yet but that is one of the main parts after a crash you will want to check even if it does not look bent it can be trust me i know. the easiest way to check that is to take one of the rotor blades off then take your allen wrench and turn the screw holding the blade grip on if it is bent you will see a slight wobble on the opposite side then it is bent if no wobble then it is good to go trust if you have not already checked that you will want to i have 3 helis a blade 400 and 2 trex clones myself an exi 450 and a hk500gt both of which are almost all trex parts by now lol... hope this helps a lil bit and welcome to the forum and don't forget to post up your videos and pics whenever you can we don't get enough of them on here they are our drug of choice so to speak...i also have realflight 6.5 and phoenix and fly under this same name on both just post up on either thread of the said sims and let us know when you going online to fly and if any of us are able to we would be happy to join you on that sim...

Last edited:

wolfman76

not a problem just did'nt want to see you take it back out later and end of possibly crashing it even worse cuz of something minor out of wack and as stated we are all more then willing to help you with any problems you might have....

murankar

Staff member
Welcome to RCH. loads of help and advice on piloting. We also have a car truck boat and multi rotor sections. Feel free to chime in any time.

Lee

Welcome Darren. Sim is the way to go. Saves you a tonne of money in real parts. :D

Top Bottom