hello all you heli guys i am deaf

helilover2

im a newbie just got in the hobby of elec helis i used to fly planes when i was younger so i just started to notice helis especially the micro helis which fly in your room lol well then i started building them i have two 250 size and two 450 size and now a 500 which i build from kits from xheli by the way my name is billy i live in lynnwood wa

Last edited:

zapster

welcome to the site billy,look forward to your posts pics videos everyone post a little something now and then
thats what makes this site so much fun !!!

Tony

Staff member
Welcome to the forum Billy. I meant to post in here yesterday when we were chatting, just never got around to it lol. Let us know if you have any questions.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Hi Billy glad to hear from you! Welcome, welcome!! I hope you enjoy the sight! I'm in western ny myself!

helilover2

hi there im in washington lol soon will get my membership in ama and join a heli club here right now im just done building an 500 clone
its set up perfectly but havent set up tx lately need help with this but tony will help me out when he can hes the best guru there is

Tony

Staff member
Below are my throttle and pitch curves that I used. Some like different, just depends on what you like.

Throttle Curve
Normal: 0, 25, 50, 75, 100
Idle Up: 100, 100, 80, 100, 100

Pitch Curve
Normal: 45, 47.5, 50, 75, 100
Idle Up: 0, 25, 50, 75, 100

Make sure you set the head up first in idle up at mid stick, and set your pitch to 0*. If you don't, you will be fighting the setup the whole time. You should be getting about 11* positive and negative pitch in idle up.

RandyDSok

It also depends on which brand model you are talking about as well as what transmitter you are using... for instance Tony gave pitch curves for a Spectrum DX6i... they wouldn't be the same on JR, Hitec or Futaba etc... In fact, I wouldn't be suprised if even the servo's themselves would also make a difference.

In short... it is hard to go by someone else's settings when you have personal preference differences, different brand models, and other equipment which all must be considered.

helilover2

im building an exi 500 and using an spektrum dx6i my servos are jr and my tail is an spektrum servo with detrum gyro but now i need to set the radio for the gyro also swash mix subtrim travel adj gyro rate i only wants normal flight for now so if you can help thats great

helilover2

ok thanks tony
what about the gyro travel adj sub trims swash mix revo mix my swash is 120 i did rev up the model and had no control at all but i turn it off quickly reset the gyro delay to 60 and gain to 0 but havent set it up on my tx lately im new at this ok your feed back is very helpful

Lee

You say that you've built two 250's and two 450's already, so would think you have some good experience from those. My advice is for someone thats not sure of what they are doing. If thats not you then i apologies.

We can give you some settings, but as Rdsok said its different from Heli to Heli. I would get yourself down to the club you were talking about and let them help you set it up. A 500 is not a toy to just "Rev up" and see what happens. I would hate to hear you have injured yourself with it because the setting were not right.
Read all the build threads on here and watch all the videos. Tony has made a lot of videos on set up of helis and the DX6i.
To answer your last question though,
Travel adj (shouldn't need to touch it)
Sub trims are there to get your servos at 90* once you have mechanically got them as close to 90* as possible.
Swash mix i think default is 60% on all which should be fine, then you just have to know if its - or +
Stand behind the heli and and then move the cyclic stick to the left. If the swash tilts to the left its good. If it tilts to the right, its backwards, so change the Ail Swash mix from Neg to Pos or vice versa.
Do the same for Elevator. Stick forward Swash tilts forward.
Pitch, move throttle stick up (motor unplugged) swash should rise (all servos rise together) Stick down, swash down.
Revo mix (Don't touch)
Tony has one of those gyros so i'll let him explain that one.
Gyro gain on the TX should start at 60% and see how it handles (should be done at the Club with a competent pilot)
Hope this helps in some way :D

Tony

Staff member
:withstupid::ohsnap1::yikes::chickendance:

I agree with what Lee said 100%. I do apologize for not getting to this sooner. Working a graveyard shift last night that I didn't know I had to work has jacked me up, and I ended up sleeping all day lmao. Gotta love working for the military...

helilover2

yes i did say i built those helis am
nd i just love putting things together thats my hobby but im hooked on helis and please believe me i have no experience thanks

helilover2

thanks anyway ok i look else where i tried your videos but remember im deaf there is no captions on em thats why i joined this group i really never flown an heli but ive been trying trust me i crashed a lot but i rebuild them and try to read up as much as i can but i dont really understand some things but i try so tham
nks a lot i can try my best so take care

Tony

Staff member
Wow, I thought that was a mistype in the title lol. I couldn't imagine what it's like to be deaf. But I still stand with Lee on what he said. The subtrims are going to be unique to each heli. You want the servo arms at 90* to the links, and not the servo body. You will not use Revo Mixing since that is for Rate gyros only. It just mixes the throttle with the rudder. You will want to set your throws on the servos, then dial them down to about 70% and put in about 40% expo on all channels.

Top Bottom