450 Helicopter spinning uncontrollably

HeliPilot1120

Hello,

This is my first heli that I've worked on and built and I have run into a problem when I run up it begins to spin uncontrollably nose left. I have tried adjusting the tail servo, the servo arm, gyro direction and cant seem to fix this problem. I can have full rudder to the right and it still spins. Please help!

murankar

Staff member
I would double check the gyro correction. If it spins like that something is reversed. Also make sure the tail blades are spinning counter clockwise.

Tony

Staff member
I agree, sounds like you need to reverse your gyro. What helicopter are you running as well as what radio, and what gyro? We will help you out and get this bird in the air, just need to know a few things about it so we are not having you do something that your setup can do.

Lee

Hi, If you look at the bottom of my post, I have a link to my thread on Basic Gyro Set up. Have a look at that and see if it helps.

BOKI

Someone on the site can help you out wish I could but I new at Rc also! But the Best in your Flying! :lol: :twothumbsup:

HeliPilot1120

I agree, sounds like you need to reverse your gyro. What helicopter are you running as well as what radio, and what gyro? We will help you out and get this bird in the air, just need to know a few things about it so we are not having you do something that your setup can do.

Just to give you a little back round...I found this helicopter used from a friend of a friend who didn't have time to fly anymore. I took on the project to get it flying correctly again. The helicopter is a RTF KDS 450s (KDS 800) and the gyro says "gyro AVCS KDS 800" on it (not 100% sure about the brand of the gyro). I went to a hobby store and they were unhelpful telling me they wont touch a "clone". Not sure what that means but I'm assuming he is calling it a knock off. I just hope I wasn't screwed over purchasing this model. The Transmitter that came with it is a FT06-C WFLY..

Thanks for all the help!

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
LHS people can get like that sometimes. Its sad really. bUt regardless.. KDS is a great helicopter company.. Every company copies deisgns from one or the other and do their own improvements to it. Even ALign copied a ton of things from Hirobo .. People dont call it a "Clone" lol.. Some companies make carbon copies of things and that yes is cloning. But anywaz. Ebough about that.

You post whatever help you need here and we'll get it setup and flying great.

Now as everyone else has stated here , follow this thread to setup your tail correctly.. and then see if you still got the issue.. Its by Lee.. and I believ ehe already pointed to it.. but here is alink :

Tail servo direction and Gyro set up

happy to help :) :)

Lee

KDS make great helicopters. As Gaba said, even Align copy others. DFC head for example. Stands for "Direct Flight Control", or the other name for it is "Direct From Compass" as they were the designers of the original head. The LHS will soon go out of business if they treat customers like that.

Tony

Staff member
Yup, KDS, HK, EXI, are all clones of Align. Everyone wants to say that Align clones stuff, but yet Align has patents on everything they sell. All you have to do is make a single change to make it your own. Just because I built a chair doesn't mean I'm cloning every other chair out there. Same with Align designing something that is similar to other designs.

But you are correct, LHS's will not even touch a clone. Yes, KDS is a clone as stated above. All they want to touch is true Align or other high end helis. There are many reasons they are like this, but one is safety. Many of us have been very close to loosing an eye because of things flying off of them. This is why you will never see another clone in my list of aircraft. It's just not worth it IMO.

With that said however, I have created an article called Local Hobby Shops Should Support YOU!. Click on Articles at the top of the forum and check it out.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Lol tony. I really don't want to hijack this thread but their "new tail design" is a jr old tail design (straight copy... My jr birds have it ditto)

Their belt drive on the 450 sport and any belt drive with roller and all was a straight hirobo copy (ditto) and they just stole their designs and patented them

Dfc like lee said is a straight cheap copy of compass's tracx. While tracx was made with Delrin to make sure that swash doesn't see load but align and many other companies didn't realize that and they didn't do that lol and then patented it haha :D

Kds innova has its own 600 and 700 line of birds. And also 450's and they are great birds nothing like HK and exi ...yes HK and exi are dutton cheap copies. I know even tarot is a better copy but is still a clone.

Kds on the other hand. Nope. :) I don't agree :)

Even chaos accepts straight align parts :)

Lhs I agree don't touch anything but align : why?
1) align fan boys ...
2) they don't sell it so they don't wanna promote it.

So whatever it is... He should still be able to get it up here :D . We will help :)

Did you follow that link bro? :) did it work for you?

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Tony

Staff member
Gaba is right about one thing in that big ass post he made. And that is that we WILL help you get it in the air. I may have to drive down there and show him just what the Red River Rivalry is all about hehe.

Lee

If you watch Justin Jee flying his KDS700E, he puts it through its paces.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom