Helicopter Newbie from Bay Area in California

lawfive

Just joined the group. I have a Blade 120SR which is my learning tool and it shows it. To ensure I practiced enough I bought a Blade 300 X which will sit in my office till I master the SR. I'm using a Spektrum DX61 to make all my mistakes. The 120 just got put back together after crash number 50 something busted a blade holder so I'll be flying very soon though not for long. I'm also using a Phoenix simulator to help out with my learning curve. Looking forward to this forum. I've come to appreciate the warmth and giving nature of people with a passion. I also do some RV'g and the relevant forums there have saved my butt a few times and definitely saved me money. So, thanks in advance and I hope to someday be able to repay the favors I'm already getting from this site.

Tony

Staff member
Welcome to the forum! You are starting out right with that 120, not too big, but not too small and fixed pitch. Before you know it, you will be putting an order in for an Align 450 or Warp 360. This hobby will bite ya lol.

:welcome1:

pvolcko

Welcome aboard! I started with a 120SR in Jan of last year, then to a nano CPX to learn collective pitch control indoors on the tail end of the winter. Once spring was in the air I got a 550X and it was off to the races. :)

Good luck!

Top Bottom