Projects Helicopter Maintenance

Not sure where to post this because it is a general helicopter question....

I have 40 flights since my last crash and I am wondering how often general maintenance is done on your helicopters. Such as clean and grease bearings, replace bearings (do you if they still spin free), grease TT gears things of that nature.

I was thinking about 100 flights but I might be way off. I have done some google searching on the subject but the answers really vary from when I crash to never...

I do a visual inspection of everything after each flight and this is the longest I have gone without a crash. Now I dont want to crash because of a lack of maintenance.

Thanks for your help RCH...:wavey:

I just realized I could of put this in the Beginner Help Area...... :homer:

Sorry RCH

Last edited:

Lee

You will get a different answer from each person.
Some never oil bearings, and some every 10 flights.
The only thing i keep lubed is the main and tail shafts, and spray silicon spray on my tail belts.

murankar

Staff member
For me at a minimum at the end if the flying season. Its going to depend on your flying style, environment conditions (I.e. Dusty, humid, dry or temperature).

Some folks only do maintenance right after a crash and do just fine. Others are super particular and do it as often as after every 10 flights.

If you do your pre flight inspections correctly then you'll know when you need to wrench on it. You'll find the notchy bearings, loose linkages or worn out gears.

If you do it during your off season or after a crash then I think you'll be fine. As Lee stated you'll get 1000 different answers on this topic.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Top Bottom