General Helicopter Bubble Level

Dirk

That is cool. Why do you guys in the States have all the nice gadgets at your disposal? :dejection:

Tony

Staff member
A bubble level? Not a good idea for a helicopter. You would have to make sure the main shaft is perfectly plumb before using something like that. Zip tie FTW!

Derek

That is cool. Why do you guys in the States have all the nice gadgets at your disposal? :dejection:

Unfortunately, Dirk, this "gadget" isn't at my disposal. It's available from Hong Kong.

A bubble level? Not a good idea for a helicopter. You would have to make sure the main shaft is perfectly plumb before using something like that. Zip tie FTW!

I had done a few searches on Youtube on the Ikon setup process and two of the 4 videos that I found, the author used a Swash Leveling Tool and this bubble level. The Swash Leveling Tool was, obviously, used to level the swash linkages. The bubble level was placed either around the main shaft or on top of the motor so that he could be sure that the helicopter was sitting level, both front to back as well as side to side. Seemed like a good idea to me. I could just be over thinking the necessesity, lol.

Dirk

Derek, I used a bubble level on top of the motor to get the heli perfectly level . I also use my digital pitch gauge at times, placed against the main shaft. Do your best to get the heli perfectly level before you hit the "set level" in the Ikon software.

Derek

Yeah, that's my concern. I want to do all that I can to do this the right way. This 600, that I have, is so much more than my 500, in so many ways.

Slobberdog

Derek if you have a smart phone get a clinometer app. If you have an I phone go in to compass and swipe across and it will give you a level and surface level app ios7 that is.

image.jpg

As you can see from he attached it gives you the direction and degree that you are out, might be a simple and free option

image.jpg

Derek

I had a "level" app on my Android phone. Never could get it to calibrate correctly....so I removed it.

I may just go down to my local archery pro shop. They have many variations of levels for compound bows. I have two of them on my own two compound bows and two of them on my wife's compound bow.

Derek

Yeah, my local archery pro shop has these for $3 - $4. Should work pretty well if this type of level is sitting on top of the motor on my 600. I think!

Slobberdog

Consider sitting it on top of the gyro if you can as well to see the difference between heli level and gyro level, I know you can do adjustments in the software to match these up.

Top Bottom