FBL Gyro Helicommand 3sx

callsign4223

Staff member
Be careful that your not over reaching yourself and completely relying on the bailout feature. You could possibly teach yourself some very bad habits if you rely on it too much.

xokia

Be careful that your not over reaching yourself and completely relying on the bailout feature. You could possibly teach yourself some very bad habits if you rely on it too much.
To late smashed the 300x into the ground today. I was trying left handed steep banked turns was doing fine then decided to do right handed steep banked turns. Was carrying a little to much speed and didn't hit rescue fast enough. Snapped my main shaft and broke a set of blades. Considering I hit rescue about 10 times prior I'm not mad at all.

callsign4223

Staff member
Yea, I'm sure your being careful. Like I said, it's more out of concern over teaching yourself bad habits because you know you can always hit that magic switch and have it save the heli. It causes you to lose some of the skill and precision you would gain if you knew that a dumb thumb would cause a crash. As long as your aware of the possibility, you can watch yourself and make sure you don't start letting those bad habits form though. That's all I was pointing out was to watch yourself and keeps those habits in check.

xokia

So ordered my 3rd and last HC today for my trex 450. Helidirect is having a 11% off sale so I couldn't resist lol. So hopefully I can get me trex 450 in the air next week.

xokia

Ok so was flipping the 300x around today and found one weakness of the HC. When trees jump out in front of the heli Captain Rescue doesn't work :(

Stripped main gear and stripped cyclic servos. I need to run around tomorrow and see if I can find someone that has the servo gears. Everytime I crash this thing I always seem to break the one part I dont have 20 replacements for lol. I do have 6 extra complete servos but I dont want to yank them apart just for the gears.

Westy

LEGEND
lol .... so just change the servo out ..... and click Buy ..... online ... and go flying! hahaha ... then you not wasting time hunting for the right parts

xokia

lol .... so just change the servo out ..... and click Buy ..... online ... and go flying! hahaha ... then you not wasting time hunting for the right parts
It's easier to change the gears then it is to change the servos. Swapping all the gears is a 5 min job. Plus I want more spare on hand I hate going to the hobby store.

pvolcko

Last edited:

xokia

I was buying complete servos for a while until I found these. These gears love to strip, particularly the middle one with the coarse inner teeth.
Yea thats the one I always strip I have 6 spare servos.
I just ordered 10 sets of servo gears from helidirect and a bunch of other stuff. So I should have enough now to last me a while. Problem is like I said I ALWAYS manage to break the one item I don't have 10 spares for lol. For aftermarket parts if he has them I like to buy from helipartsdirect.com Adam is the owner and a really good guy. He goes above and beyond for his customers.

So took the 300x out this morning and I'm getting pretty good with left handed steep banked turns and left handed funnels. But I struggle to keep them in the same location. The helicopter will do these moves but it travels around its hard to keep it on one place. Any tips?

I'm hitting rescue probably at least 10 times each time I go out. It sure does make flying a lot less stressful and more enjoyable. Plus I am actually wearing parts out now haha. So I am going to stop raving about the HC LOL its probably getting old. It really does work extremely well and I know its expensive but worth every penny IMO.

I should get my 3rd helicommand tomorrow and have it setup on my trex 450. I'll take some pictures of that then I'll see if I can get some video up.

Last edited:

xokia

So I'm a little disappointed. My 3rd HC didn't show up today. I checked the USPS tracking info and now it's showing up on Monday :( I was really hoping to get my 450 back in the air this weekend.

Tony

Staff member
Don't you just love it when that happens. I was hoping to have my new heli here this weekend but never got it shipped. Not to rub it in though, but I did get the new parts for the HK450GT and had a great flight on that one. Can't wait to see some video of the HC on the 450!

xokia

Yea it sucks because I have to figure out how to be home to sign for the package an the damn postman is so I consistent. I did get to fly the 700 today that thing has me shaking in my boots every time I fly it lol. And CR on the 700 is nuts that thing takes off like a rocket. I need to adjust down the pitch on rescue. It's set to 8 degrees by default. I think I want to try 6 degrees. I'm hoping to get some video of the 300 and 700 tomorrow.

xokia

Sweet!!!! Look what showed up today :)
62ACD1A8-A4BC-4740-90C4-96A328871A33-750-0000002E283CE77B_zpsd0038757.jpg

xokia

So I had technical difficulties with the 300x video the friend I had taking the video was taking pictures instead of video :(. But here is my 700 flight nothing really showing the SL feature or the Captain rescue. But this was my flight today nothing to spectacular as I don't really push the 700 like I do my 300x. There is a jump in the video cause I had to edit out the cuss word lol.

700x - YouTube

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Not going to grind on that case to make it fit in the frame? hahahaha. Can't wait to see it in the air!

xokia

Not going to grind on that case to make it fit in the frame? hahahaha. Can't wait to see it in the air!
Haha hell no :) The AR7200BX I didn't mind because it wasn't a lot of grinding and a relatively cheap gyro. Although I paid more for that AR7200BX then I did the Ikon :( live and learn I guess. Plus the trex 250 had no where else to stick that thing.

I flew this 450 today. This was my first heli I started out on. Sadly I've flown this heli the least out of all my helis. My 300x is my beater and I love to toss it around. The 700 is just sic and I love the sound of the blades. The 450 I was always scared to push and crash. But now with the BD I started pushing and damn it flys so much smoother and more accurate then my 300x. I'm going to have to start flying it more. But I kinda learned what some people were complaining about nano-tech batteries. Since I never pushed my 450 before the nano's where fine. But now that I'm a better pilot and I can start pushing the heli the nano 2200s 45-90s are really insufficient. I can bring those down pretty warm and I can hear the motor bogging pretty bad. None of the other batteries I have for any of my other helis have this problem. I see they have A-specs in 2200 which is a 65-130 so I might try one of those and see if it improves things.

Top Bottom