FBL Gyro Helicommand 3sx

Tony

Staff member
Interesting about the batteries, I have been wanting the 45c nanotechs and have read good things about them. If they are just warm, it should be fine. But hot, not so much. What is the battery temp compared to the motor/ESC?

xokia

Interesting about the batteries, I have been wanting the 45c nanotechs and have read good things about them. If they are just warm, it should be fine. But hot, not so much. What is the battery temp compared to the motor/ESC?

No idea on the esc temp on the pro its mounted under the battery tray there is no access to get to it.
The batteries are pretty dang warm and the motor bogs. I know I won't be buying any more of the 45-90s for my 450. I'll try the 65-130s I'll buy just one on my next HK order if they aren't any better ill be looking for a different brand.

Tony

Staff member
wow, 45c though, that is rated at 99 amps. You are running a 35a ESC (if stock) in that bird. If they are getting hot by doing that, then yes, I don't think I will be better them any time soon. My Zippy 30c's get slightly warm after a 5 minute flight at 100%, ESC about the same, and the motor (which is too small for the heli) is pretty warm, but not hot. I REALLY wish Gens Ace batteries would come back in stock. I will blow up a credit card if that happens lmao.

xokia

wow, 45c though, that is rated at 99 amps. You are running a 35a ESC (if stock) in that bird. If they are getting hot by doing that, then yes, I don't think I will be better them any time soon. My Zippy 30c's get slightly warm after a 5 minute flight at 100%, ESC about the same, and the motor (which is too small for the heli) is pretty warm, but not hot. I REALLY wish Gens Ace batteries would come back in stock. I will blow up a credit card if that happens lmao.
Yea I would think they should be fine. My 300x uses 45-90s and it does fine I have a 33 amp esc on that. But I can tell for the 450 they are struggling. I'm hoping the 65-130s improve things.

I think HK way overrates their batteries. It would be nice if someone came up with a standard and then published it.

xokia

So I took the 450 out and flew yesterday after work amazing how much better the 450 tracks then the 300x. So much so that I get myself into trouble quickly trying to do funnels. Steeped banked turns are easier but funnels I'm struggling with on the 450.

Tony

Staff member
I have been meaning to bust out some funnels with my 450. It will come soon. I have them mastered in the sim, just need to prove it out IRL.

xokia

I have been meaning to bust out some funnels with my 450. It will come soon. I have them mastered in the sim, just need to prove it out IRL.
I can do them on my 300x left hand funnels anyway. But on the 450 things are different enough that I'm struggling

xokia

Here is the 300x. Short video I think I have a battery that is going bad because mid flight is started to power down on me. Luckily I was able to bring it down with no damage.
300x - YouTube

pvolcko

heh, I love it when I put the wrong battery in and get about 2 minutes of flight time. So far have been lucky and not had a serious crash as a result of it. Come close a couple times. Bought a battery voltage checker so now I can test before firing up. :)

xokia

I had charged all my batteries before going to the park so this one was a complete surprise. I think maybe I have a bad battery.

Top Bottom