Heli Skills Training - Throwing Down the Challenge Gauntlet - Who's up for it??!

Westy

LEGEND
:glee:

Hey Guys...... whos up for a challenge to hone/ show us your skills.

As per another Thread Discussion, I thought we could start a series of 101 .... to advanced training Vids and participation should be good fun.

to start off ....

Here is the Challenge I am not sure how advanced this is ... but :

Slow Pirouettes

Clock Wise Rotation

Here is the challenge:

1. Hover tail in for 10 secs
2. rotate clockwise to Nose Right - Hold for 10 seconds
3. repeat above toe Nose in - Hold for 10 secs
4. Repeat above to Nose Left - Hold for 10 secs
5. Repeat above to Tail in - Hold for 10 secs

Now to it all in an anti clockwise rotation .

This will hone your collective and cyclic management skills (Stick control and feel)

Do it at any height you feel comfortable and remember to practice you bail out techniques is you get into strife.

Any other suggestions welcome..... I am heading off to the Park now in the gusty winds to see if I can make a fool of myself!

Post those Videos Guys and Gals!

See you in the Skies!

Westy

LEGEND
Right way up :) or inverted if you want to go that far (out of my league on that one :) ... uploading mine now .... very gusty winds blew my canopy about 4 meters while I waws putting the battery in, had to run and catch it lol .... so was almost impossible, makes it a good challenge though :)

Upload 43% ..... ComOn!

Westy

LEGEND
Ok Here is my first Go at it... It is Soooooo Windy, But I jsut had to go and see if I could battle the elements :)

I had my Gopro facing my sticks and my HD vid facing the heli....

Last edited by a moderator:

callsign4223

Staff member
Man, I love the dual view, gotta sync them better though. There's about a half second offset. Nothing major, but it's there. U can see it when you look down at the beginning of the vid.

Westy

LEGEND
yeah ... It was hard to sync as I turned the Go Pro on first.... I want on the sound and synced that up .... told you it was a fail haha.

what would the paying fans say .... Refund Lol ..... haha

Tony

Staff member
Oh, this is just a 4 position orientation test. I was thinking "slow piro" like you put in 4 clicks of trim into your tail and let it constantly spin one way or another slowly. And you have to keep controlling it lol.

Derek

that was a great video, Westy! Maybe the wind will be more cooperative next time you try. :)

stokke

Hmmm. This exercise is best suited for flybarred helis I think. I'm not getting a chance until the weekend to test this out myself, but I'm guessing FBL birds just need to be set in a proper hover - then let go of the cyclic stick :D

Westy

LEGEND
:( ....... we not all Rich with FBL or DFC units ..... :worked_till_5am:

But will definately interesting to show the difference between FBL and FB helis....... all the same. Wish I had the Funds for a 600 DFC complete Upgrade . Come on Universe ... Deliver ... Deliver :)

Westy

LEGEND
Well Been out again today to give it a go .... I just get bored and wanna go fly loops and rolls :( ...... I have lost my discipline lol.

Weird thing is on my third battery .... the heli was pitching forward on the cyclics..... strange..... Heli CG balance was perfect.... took it home and checked my radio etc ... anyway posting another thread about that Here ==> http://www.rc-help.com/showthread.php/6198-TREX-600-Misbehaving-What-the?p=35397#post35397

Last edited:

Westy

LEGEND
Beautiful! .... that is impressive command of the control thier my friend! .... LEgend!

So is that FLybarred .... just to be clear Lol

Top Bottom