General Heli setup, start to finish...

heli_aviator

As some of you know, I'm new to heli's. So please bare with me. It's funny, because work for Boeing, Long Beach, CA and I build a $200,000 aircraft (C-17)
But these RC Heli's can be challenging.

My question is... Is there a thread or video that shows how to set-up a heli start to finish? Servos, gyros, blade pitch tail rotor? Assembly is a cake walk for me, but the proper rigging and electronics is a bare! I see bits and pieces here and there, but Is there a complete thread that might appy to my short comings?

Thank you in advance

Mel, (heli-aviator)

Derek

You are quite right about the actual setup of the heli. There is alot involved. No worries though. These guys can help you on your way.

What size heli are you working with?

Tony

Staff member
Here is a full setup with a DX6i and the Razor 450. The ONLY difference from this heli setup and something like Align, is the elevator on this one is in the front, and on Align, it's in the back. Unless you are talking about a 600N, then it's back in the front again lol. Confused the hell out of me when I saw that. But I digress. Have a look at the video and let us know if you have any questions.

How to Completely Setup A CCPM Helicopter DX6i & OrangeRX - YouTube

heli_aviator

Thank you Derek,
I 'm working on a Trex 250 Pro Super Combo (w/Flybar) It came with a GP790gyro and I bought a Spektrum AR600 Rx. My Tx is a DX6i
I also have two Blade mCPX, one to practice (trashing) after training on my Sim (Phoenix 4) and one that I'm going to upgrade later.
I also have a Blade 450X (still in the box).

- - - Updated - - -

Once again, He comes through like I knew he would! Thank you Tony

Tony

Staff member
It's my pleasure bro. I do plan on doing a new video soon for both nitro's (on the 600) and the electrics (on a 500, I hope lol). But, this one should get you going. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

heli_aviator

Mel, you might want to look at the HOW-TO in my signature.

Thank you Marius, very informitive. I don't think this will work with my Trex 250, as it is a flybar heli. But I will use it o my Blade 450X (RTF) just ti make sure all is good.

Mel

Top Bottom