450 Heli Option Titanium Turnbuckles FBL

Bruno

Titanium Turnbuckles (M1.8 x 39mm)- 2 pcs Trex 450 FBL [HPTB002] - US$11.99 : HeliOption, The Professional Experts of RC Helicopters Parts

I was going to install the HeliOption turnbuckles and found the HeliOPtion ball links that came with the kit to be way too tight on the linkage balls (swash and grip).

My reamer did not seem to make a difference due to the design of the ball link which is different with the Align ball links.

Align ball links’ thread end is too small a diameter to fit on the HeliOption turnbuckle.

I was interested with using the HeliOPtion turnbuckle.

How might I make this work or go about loosening up the HeliOPtion ball link?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Lee

Re: Heli Option Titanium Turnbuckles

You could drill out the Align ones to fit on the turnbuckle.
Is the reamer not adjustable? Mine has a screw in the end to adjust the ball size.
I start with it small to get it into the link, then slowly tighten it until it reams out the correct hole size.

Derek

That's odd. I bought them for my 600 and, yes, the ball links were too tight on the linkage ball. I bought them for my 450 and had no issues at all.

Bruno

That's odd. I bought them for my 600 and, yes, the ball links were too tight on the linkage ball. I bought them for my 450 and had no issues at all.

What did you do with the 600 kit?

Derek

to get the ball links to fit the linkage balls on my 600, I used a reamer that the semi pro had, at my local hobby shop. He popped the reamer in the ball links, gave it a quick turn and that was it. There was a very small amount of plastic that came out and now the ball links spin very nicely on the linkage balls.

pvolcko

Recommend the boto-sizer if you're wanting to get a good one. Adjustable, comes with reamers for a few different ball sizes, and the reamer cutting edges will never dull.

cml001

Boto sizer YES!... But on my 450 I use the Tarot turnbuckles.. They work just fine with the Align ball links.. But I'm using the orange Tarot links as well.. Kinda got an orange theme goin on my bird... But try the Tarot turnbuckles.. I had a crash about a month ago and they 2 of them broke saving my MKS servos.. I like them a lot.

Bruno

Boto sizer YES!... But on my 450 I use the Tarot turnbuckles.. They work just fine with the Align ball links.. But I'm using the orange Tarot links as well.. Kinda got an orange theme goin on my bird... But try the Tarot turnbuckles.. I had a crash about a month ago and they 2 of them broke saving my MKS servos.. I like them a lot.

Do you have a link for the Tarot turnbuckles?

Bruno

Top Bottom