General Heli led lights/flight time.

Hello to everyone, I have a 450 helicopter and after a 6 min flight, my 2200/2700mah 3s lipos voltage, remains at 3.7 - 3.8 V per cell, which is ok. I want to install 6 leds of 5V operation. Is this going to affect my flight time? And if it does, am I going to lose like 1 or 2 minutes of my current 6mins flight time?

Tony

Staff member
It depends on what LED's you are going to install. Most are 300mw which is nothing in all reality. You may lose 30 seconds of flight time unless you just let them burn while shooting the crap in the pit box before a flight.

Smoggie

Tony is right, they use next to nothing. If they are 300mW then all 6 together will only use 1.8W... Compare that to your heli motor which according to your figures uses about 200W on average. Rounding it up you would lose about 1% of flight time, which is less than 4 seconds... i.e. forget it.

Admiral

On my multicopters I run Super bright LED's which are also a low battery alarm they plug into the balance plug of the battery and can be seen clearly at 500 meters, they are 1W and you don't notice any change in flight time. The only draw back is you have to balance charge every time, but I do that anyway.

TURNIGY Super Bright LED Low Voltage Alarm Device

They come standard with Red & Green lights which would be great for helicopters, I replace them with whit which show up a bit better than coloured.

Top Bottom