450 heli has no lift

jeffg295

I have a problem getting my erazor to lift. I can throttle up fully and it just sits there. I noticed that there is no rise in the swash plate as I throttle up. After I disconnected the esc from the motor and soldiered a broken wire on it and reconnected the esc and they are color coded it now spins backwards. I am open to any and suggestions.

Westy

LEGEND
Hey there.
reverse the ESC wires to get your main blades spinning in CW direction from the top.....

sounds like you need to get up your swash mixing .... OR you have no pitch curve .... we need to go right back to basics and start at the beginning ....

What pitch do you have on your blades at max throttle position? you will need to remove 1 or 2 ESC wires to the motor to eliminate a wild hair cut from the blades inadvertently spooling up in front of your nose.

you should have around 10 at full stick 0 at mid and -10 at minimum )IN IDLE UP OF COURSE

jeffg295

Unfortunately I don't have that option with my TX. The swash plate does not rise when I throttle up which therefore would be no pitch. I am currently using the Dynam TX and RX. I think at this stage I will need to get a new esc and possibly a new RX as well or just change out all the electronics which can be quite expensive being I also have aHausler 450P that flys great. Thanks for the reply.

Westy

LEGEND
I am guessing you have all your dip switches set correctly?

PIT = DOWN
CCPM ELEV= UP
NOR CCPM = DOWN
RUDD = UP
THRO = UP
ALIE = DOWN
ELEV = DOWN

LAST 3 switchs will be set to off

V1 Controls Gyro

Here is a dude explaining it here:

Hope this helps you out ....

[video]http://www.rc-help.com/showthread.php/7170-heli-has-no-lift?p=42902#post42902[/video]

jeffg295

yes, according to the factory settings they are as follows up up down down and the rest up which up is off and down on. Actually the gyro is in the gear port. I just ordered a new Tx, Rx and esc and will probably order new high performanc servos and be done with it.

Tony

Staff member
If you have two dials on the top of the Tx, you need to adjust those to get your pitch to work. I tossed the stock Tx in the trash quickly after ordering the heli because it sucked so much. The DX6i is MUCH better for that heli.

To reverse your motor, just swap 2 of the 3 wires on the motor where they plug into the ESC.

Play with those two dials. One is the total pitch, and the other is the mid stick pitch. If I remember correctly.

jeffg295

Thank you all for the replies. I decided to purchase a new Tx, Rx and ESC. I did a little research on the Dynam electronics and came to the conclusion that they suck. The E-Razor 450 was my first of this size and have a good relationship with it so I am going to upgrade it and keep flying it eventhough I have another 450 size heli it is my favorite. Thanks again for the replies.

Top Bottom