General Head speed ?

treff

Head speed or the lack of it to be more precise. After a rebuild of a hk 450 I can not get enough head speed. The heli will probably lift off but I have not tried yet.
There is nothing binding, nothing is getting hot and I have tried different batteries. I strange thing ESC will only work when I plug it in twice. It will only switch the motor on the second time I plug it in. The first time all the servos and gyro work as normal
but the motor seems dead. Only when I plug it in the second time does the motor spring to life with the normal beeps. The ESC is Turnigy Trust 55amp. Very strange. I have re-soldered the motor wires
and again nothing gets hot. The ESC as work flawlessly up untill I removed it from a different heli. Any thought, suggestions would be most welcome. Cheers

EyeStation

Have you gone through and recalibrated your TX throttle? Some ESC's will set throttle limits at first power up, if the TX throttle is at full when powering up the ESC. Pulling the stick down to minimum after the first beeps will usually start normal ESC start up routine. Check your ESC manual for specifics.

Karubah

Treff I don't know much about this game yet, just my thought is do you have to set the throttle end points again? Is it a different TX being used to when it was on the other heli? Other than that I don,t have a clue, sorry.

Looks like eye station has a quicker trigger finger than me

Last edited:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
yep redo the throttle limits on it. if motor is different than before, then see if the esc has the right settings for it.

treff

Many thanks guys. I will recalibrate throttle. I had not thought it would be different so thanks for that info. Had a little flight on number one heli this afternoon. Gone back to basics. Built the biggest
training gear in the world. Bring it ON. Cheers

treff

Many thanks to all for the replies.Yes end point adjustment was the problem. Working really good now, So, now for the rudder. Cheers

Top Bottom