HD Video Glasses

Karubah

Wanting a bit of info on video glasses. Can you wear your prescription specs under the video ones so that half blind old blokes can see what they are videoing? The second question is where do you get them? I find its a bit hard to hold a camera and fly at the same time. I could use my go pro but I find that it takes about 5 hrs to upload a 4 min video. After something with a bit less resolution. TIA.

Tony

Staff member
I guess you could use the video glasses over your spec's, but they would not be very comfy at all. My head is not that big (hat size of 7.25) and they are pretty tight. But they don't slip. You must leave the sides on the glasses since one side is the image processor and memory card holder and the other side is the battery. You can remove the lenses pretty easily as well.

I guess you can do a mod where you can make them where they slip over the top of your glasses and hook on, like some dark lenses that you can get.

As for your gopro, I would stick with it. Upload the video to your computer, then edit it in windows movie maker or the like and lower the quality. If I had a gopro, I would not even think about using the glasses.

Karubah

Yes I love my go pro and was thinking of getting video from the air as well as the ground. So the video glasses have a clear lense. I wonder if you can fit prescription lenses to them

Dumb question but are you refering to fpv as in watching your heli fly as if you where in the pilot seat of it? If so do u watch it as a pilot with both eyes at the ssme time or one as pilot and one as the regular rc enthuasiast from the ground?

Ive just been curious cuz wouldnt it be difficult to fly if you where only looking thru a camers as the pilot because of depth perception or do you just kinda get used to it?

Ive been kind of wanting to try a fpv type system out & have seen both the goggles & a screen mounted to the top of the tx, what do u recomend based on opinion, ease of use, ease of setup, & ease of overall flying etc.? Thanks Tom

PaulRC

Wanting a bit of info on video glasses. Can you wear your prescription specs under the video ones so that half blind old blokes can see what they are videoing? The second question is where do you get them? I find its a bit hard to hold a camera and fly at the same time. I could use my go pro but I find that it takes about 5 hrs to upload a 4 min video. After something with a bit less resolution. TIA.

I got the Camera Eyewear v13(google it). I inquired with my optometrist about prescription lenses on them, and they said yes it can be done. Quality video on these glasses is not as good as a gopro, it's very low quality. If you are planning to buy these kind of glasses, best to record away from sunlight/light. Make sure it is a sunny day with out any clouds, for best results.

Top Bottom