450 Hawk Tail crashed my Warp

heli-maniac

Hawk tail crashed my Warp360 on take off
Did some gain adjustments to the AR7200bx to see about the slow tail wag . Go and start to take of tail just stopped and flipped the bird on it side
So After looking at it the Hawk tail is the cause for broken boom,broken servo,broken canopy mounts,scuffed up blades and the canopy has 2 cracks and some scuffs
Im really not happy about this and Hawk will here about it
Here is a picture of the tail slider were it bent and stopped on the control lever

Lee

Dude that is a big downer. Sorry to hear it. I would def get on to Hawk asap about that.

Lee

There really shouldn't be that much force on those parts. They must have been very weak.

Lee

Well its something, but it doesn't tell you if its a design flaw or a bad batch?

Tony

Staff member
I would be done with them. Replace their tail? That's a given. Replace canopy mounts? Way to lose a valuable customer! I know who to stay away from if I end up getting one of these. Sucks Jesse.

heli-maniac

Yep I will be selling the parts when I get them in . not going to have some low quality aluminum on this bird
And the canopy mounts they are sending are not the stock ones they are their brake away mounts
So instead of sending me the stock mounts they think I would be happy with their mounts .For the price of those they could have sent me a tail boom and stock canopy mounts

Lee

It just seems so weird that out of the whole tail assembly, from the servo horn to the blade grips, that, that piece would bend? Very strange. I mean there is no force applied to it in normal usage. I would love to see you get to the bottom of why it did it.

heli-maniac

Ill I can say is weak aluminum
The only time I have seen a bridge bend was on a HK 450 when the tail blades smacked the ground it twisted it all up and even the links

- - - Updated - - -

Ill I can say is weak aluminum
The only time I have seen a bridge bend was on a HK 450 when the tail blades smacked the ground it twisted it all up and even the links

Top Bottom