700 Hawk BL Control 120amp Opto

Trevor Morgan

Hi allI am having trouble with my esc and need a bit of help if anyone knows the esc. I had it working in a raptor 700 that I am trying to set up to put in a scale MD500. I Had it working but I have changed the fbl to a Align 3G X and now it doesn't work. The fbl works but the esc won't spool up the motor, in the set up for the fbl it says you have to set up the gyro (which i did) but I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it but now I get nothing from the esc. It is a 12s system and it has a CC Bec Pro one for the fbl system and it works fine. I get nothing from the esc itself no sound no blinking lights, nothing!!!!
Thanks in advance if someone can help
Trevor

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Howdy Trevor and :welcome1:It sounds like time for a new ESC, but once everyone wakes up, others will jump in. My self, I like Hobby wing ESC's. I don't want to rain on your parade, but If I was you, I would also be looking into a new FBL unit. The 3GX is unreliable, in a lot of cases, and I hate to hear that your MD500 crashed because the FBL had a nervous breakdown...in the air. That just my :2c:.

Trevor Morgan

Thanks for your information I bought heli second hand with esc and no fbl so had a EBAR fbl of a 450 KDS heli that I tried on the 700 Raptor but I didn't hover very well on test flight, but the esc worked fine. I also had a 3GX new box that came with another heli that I had bought (second hand) so I fitted that and everything worked ok for the set up of electrics but when I tried to spool up no motor worked, I thought that the governor setting must be wrong so hence the call for Help
Trevor

RandyDSok

I'd test the ESC by bypassing the gyro for now by plugging the ESC directly into your throttle channel on your receiver. You should be able to calibrate it to set the end points etc that way if it's still good. See your manual for info on setting it up ... or click on this link for an online version https://www.logicrc.com/instructions/P-FS-TBL.pdf

If it works when bypassed... then you need additional help setting up the throttle channel on your gyro as you've asked for ... or perhaps just double check it's connections etc.

Trevor Morgan

Thanks for your help Randy
I Did as you said and by passed the gyro and hooked the throttle straight to another receiver and esc worked as normal, and doing so I found that I had been putting the battery wire in the wrong connection port so that helped me greatly to find the problem. Now everything works as it should
I had its maiden flight yesterday afternoon and I found that people are right in what they say about the 3GX gyro, I installed version 2.1 as Tony had recommended and very twitchy to take off. I had a safety undercarriage and still nearly tipped it over on the first try, and then I got brave and pushed collective pitch quickly and it took off correctly with a bit of a tail wag so lowered gain and tried again with great success, now just have to adjust the tracking and a few more flights to get used too 700 size and then strip down foe scale MD 500 body.
Thanks for all the help you guys are awesome
Trevor

Top Bottom