General having problems with my dx6i cyclic movements

concept30

when giving my DX6i a forward or backwards cyclic control movement the heli doesn't respond, please tell me why its not doing anything, plus i made a video of what it is doing, since yall love videos so much :chuncky:
oh and if yall remember I ask would a trex 450 servo fit on a blade 450, the servo fits fine, but the servo arm is to big, how can i fix that problem, that is also explain in the video

d6i problem - YouTube

- - - Updated - - -

when giving a backward stick movement i can hear a servo try to move.

Lee

That servo is jammed against that link in the front. You can here it buzzing cause its stuck. If you leave it like that too long, it will burn out.

- - - Updated - - -

I need to look at the helis servo layout and i'll get back to you.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like your front servo arms are not set correctly. Are you getting the arm set 90 to the servo?

Lee

At centre stick, your servos should look like this picture. (dont forget to unplug the motor while setting up the servos.
attachment.php

Tony

Staff member
What Lee said is correct. That arm is hitting the canopy mount. Just take a pair of wire cutters and cut that part off if it's not used. And as stated, if you bind them up like this for long, they will over heat and burn up.

concept30

the reason i think i didnt have forward or backward servo movement when i gave forward or backward stick movements cause the Servos are Junk, so i will be going back to stock eflight servos, Thanks Guys

Tony

Staff member
No, you had a servo arm hitting the canopy mount. If they are no longer working, it's because it burnt up trying to center it's self the whole time the heli was on. I hope this is not the case, but I fear it is.

concept30

all the servos are working great but when i give the stick forward and backward movements, the servos doesnt move, now i just 10 mins ago went all crazy on the cyclic stick (right stick) and that got the servos to work when giving a forward and backward stick movement then after a min of testing the servos stop working, now when I give the right stick left and right, the swash plate moves left and right but not F and B. and just to clear it up farther, i took off all the links off each servo arm and still did not have Forward or backward movements of the servos when giving a forward and backward right stick movement, i even took off the canopy mount and even cut off some of the servo arm that was hitting the other servo arm and it was still hitting each other.

Lee

I would go through your set up again as if its a new build. Check servo directions, Servo assignment in the Radio. Arms 90º to the servo body. All plugged into the correct ports on the receiver. If the servos are working properly, its the only other things that can be wrong.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Like everyone has said before all your servo arms are jammed up against everything. Your arms look like they are not mounted right. You probably burnt out you servos cause there all jammed up. Take them off the heli and see if they will move or not. If not there shot. If they do move then mount them correctly and you will be golden.

concept30

Thanks breeze, all the servos are working great, when i give forward and backward movement of the right stick the servos trys to move and sometimes they dont move at all, and when I move right stick left the swash plate goes right and right the swash plate goes left, i went into the rev list and to rev it but no change and the servos are not binding anymore

concept30

ok this is what i found out, the servos that i bought off ebay come off a used blade 450, so they were probably already bad not broke but bad, so im going order new ones and let yall know how it went, Thanks for all the kind thoughts.

Lee

Ok. First the buzzing on the tail servo is normal. All digital servos buzz as they are constantly finding the centre point.
If the servos are working for everything but the elevator input, then its got to be something to do wit that command and not the servos. If the servos didn't work, they wouldn't work for any command. Maybe you have a damaged elev port on the RX? Or some sort of mix dialled into you radio stopping elev from working.
Make a new model in your radio as a test bed. Bind it to the heli and go through servo set up. If the problem persists on this model, then you can eliminate the radio set up. Then if you have another receiver, try that and see if things change.
Hope you figure this out.
Lee

Top Bottom