Haven't posted much

Hi, I haven't posted much, but I saw Tony's "Quit smoking" blog, and want to say, "Way to go!"
I quit about ten years ago with the help from a website support program. (I would give their name, but I believe that violates forum rules) I had been a slave to cigarettes for 25 years.

I fly a Blade 130, a T-Rex 500, and a T-Rex 700 regularly. I do not do much 3D at all. Just flying upright (without stunts) at pretty locations, and sharing the fun of flying with YouTube videos is what I enjoy the most.

-Larry-

Derek

Hi there, Larry! Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you here!

Definitely, please, post some videos of your helicopters in action. We enjoy seeing other pilots having fun....circuit flying, lazy flying, 3D, whatever. It's all about the fun!!!

Welcome Larry!
I would love to see some of your videos too! I am a newbie to "real" heli flying, as I began at the first of the year, with "Hobby" grade helis. "Free Flying" is something that there is very little about, when it comes to training, so you would be a very valuable resource of information!

There is so much more emphasis on "hovering and aerobatics"! That's all fine and well, but I want to "free fly" first of all...Like, how do you keep from "stalling" in the larger class of helis and if you do, how do you recover? Turning, banking and most of allLANDING are very important free flying topics also. I'm attempting all of these within my Phoenix sim, and I "drop/crash like a rock" a good percentage of the time! These are just some of the important questions for newbies to ask...

Glad to have you aboard!

Welcome to the forum Larry, where do you live, no location!!

Ditto on the vids
Sure is nice to meet so many friends, so fast!
I am in north Georgia, U.S. 100 miles north of Atlanta....50 miles from South Carolina, and North Carolina. I used to weekend warrior up here when I lived in Atlanta. I maintain, adjust and repair machines that make sutures, the stitches you get when the doctor sews you up. I was born and raised in Atlanta...been up here above it for the past 20 years.

Welcome Larry!
I would love to see some of your videos too! I am a newbie to "real" heli flying, as I began at the first of the year, with "Hobby" grade helis. "Free Flying" is something that there is very little about, when it comes to training, so you would be a very valuable resource of information!

There is so much more emphasis on "hovering and aerobatics"! That's all fine and well, but I want to "free fly" first of all...Like, how do you keep from "stalling" in the larger class of helis and if you do, how do you recover? Turning, banking and most of allLANDING are very important free flying topics also. I'm attempting all of these within my Phoenix sim, and I "drop/crash like a rock" a good percentage of the time! These are just some of the important questions for newbies to ask...

Glad to have you aboard!
Thanks for the nice welcome! When flying a helicopter, it is kind of like a time delay after you steer it- before it does what you tell it. So, like when you are landing, I found I have to give my helicopter hard throttle (like stepping on the gas in a car) as you are headed downwards for a landing. This gives it a "rocket booster" effect that keeps it from hitting hard...similar to a lunar landing. She I was new to RC helis, I found NightFlyyer's videos on YouTube to be a great help

- - - Updated - - -

"When I was new...". Sorry for typo.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you, cml001.....I feel welcome in here!!

Hey Larry!

Thanks for the tips and the referred videos on YouTube...I believe I've seen some of "Nightflyer's" stuff before. Will check it out!

Is constantly keeping the heli's nose level or pitched slightly down, the best way to avoid "stalling?"

Thanks for your time and input!

By the way, I've been flying RC helicopters for about three years- started with an Air Hog! There are no clubs nearby...I only have one friend to help me with my first couple of six channel helis, up here in the north Georgia foothills. Thanks for the internet to get assistance and parts!

cml001- I see you're from Augusta...I rode a 750 Honda to there for a weekend from Atlanta in the 70's. Had to ride home in the rain. lol

Top Bottom