Have never seen...

trainrider06

It really wasn't from any fast or high altitude...caught tip of blade went pop that was it!
I've got to limit my flights to just hovers around the house! Just no room for idol up flying!
Was messing with ch5 knob, and tail was not the best handling, trying to zero it in, and shouldn't
Have been flying it like that....tail swung around on me as I was making a left in flight...
Oh well, have 3-4 other frames, she'll be good as new!

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Sorry to see that trainrider. I feel your pain on that one. I had one of my Tarot 450 almost look like that and it was all because of a linkage came off and must of got into the gears and twisted that bird. I was in stunt 1 on my TX and about 10 to 12 feet of the ground. This all happen the first time i met my fly buddy at the baseball field to fly. He wanted to see what i can do and boy did i give him and his wife a show. They laugh, i cried. I have learn since then. Good luck on the re build.

Admiral

Hi Trainrider, looks like you jumped on it to make sure it was dead (LOL) hopefully the frame took all of the impact and the components will all be OK.
You don't have to be fast and furious to do a lot of damage, a while back I just snagged the skids on some grass coming into land and it basically just tipped over while spooling down, did a massive amount of damage including two servos.

trainrider06

Sorry to see that trainrider. I feel your pain on that one. I had one of my Tarot 450 almost look like that and it was all because of a linkage came off and must of got into the gears and twisted that bird. I was in stunt 1 on my TX and about 10 to 12 feet of the ground. This all happen the first time i met my fly buddy at the baseball field to fly. He wanted to see what i can do and boy did i give him and his wife a show. They laugh, i cried. I have learn since then. Good luck on the re build.

Yeah not worried about parts and fixin it....I've got a slew of SR parts, so no worries there. I can't believe how the frame just disintegrated though! Amazingly after surveying the damage, nothing except the frame was damaged! Servo's gear, feathering shaft...all good...I'm going to replace the main and feathering shafts anyway just to be sure though....it's almost back together now....

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Trainrider, looks like you jumped on it to make sure it was dead (LOL) hopefully the frame took all of the impact and the components will all be OK.
You don't have to be fast and furious to do a lot of damage, a while back I just snagged the skids on some grass coming into land and it basically just tipped over while spooling down, did a massive amount of damage including two servos.

Hehe, yeah it does look like I stomped on it for sure....the frame is well...looks like it exploded! I will have to question the wife and see if she hadn't stuck some sort of explosive device in it! LOL

murankar

Staff member
I have had a frame explode but not like that. Wow I think you just won the target bag award for the year. I would suggest not messing with any thing like that while in flight. If any adjustments need made do them on the ground. Its easier to control while on the ground.

trainrider06

I have had a frame explode but not like that. Wow I think you just won the target bag award for the year. I would suggest not messing with any thing like that while in flight. If any adjustments need made do them on the ground. Its easier to control while on the ground.

Oh the tail adjustments, no what I was doing was popping it up checking tail, then if it wasn't good bringing it back down and tweaking it.....I thought it was holding pretty good so decided to flick Idol up and run a little circle, right as I was swinging around coming back toward me the tail started drifting bad, causing the nose to swing further right ( I was only about 4 feet off the ground, and didn't catch it in time it tilted and mains clipped the grass brrrrrrup it was over lol

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
Case of dumb thumbs. That happens from time to time. Work on a bailout move that might save you later on. I am trying that myself on the sim. Finding a default stick movement to get me tail in.

The tail gain needs to be a little lower than in normal mode. The higher head speed means a faster tail which means more sensitive to the inputs. So lower your gains by about 5 points before going id 2.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

trainrider06

Case of dumb thumbs. That happens from time to time. Work on a bailout move that might save you later on. I am trying that myself on the sim. Finding a default stick movement to get me tail in.

The tail gain needs to be a little lower than in normal mode. The higher head speed means a faster tail which means more sensitive to the inputs. So lower your gains by about 5 points before going id 2.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner
Oh the tail motor probably gave out, it was the same SR I banged against the curb about a month ago...I tweaked the tail motor shaft, straightened it out, should have just replaced it because after that incident it was really being a pain to get set right....but yeah I dumb thumbed it when it swung around on me like that, didn't get it corrected properly....actually should have just let it swing on around and I'd been tail in about another 1/4 turn of the tail shaft lol.

Top Bottom