General Have a problem. Need some help

mafesto74

This is to anybody that can help me. I just bought a exi 450 pro & I got a Assan 250 gyro for it, with a dx6i transmitter. Well every thing is almost set up, but I'm trying to set the gyro up & I don't know how. I try to follow the instructions that came with the gyro, but it keeps blinking red ( 4 times, every time ). I also have a 26g solar digital servo from hobbyparts. From what I read on the instructions the gyro is in the servo programming mode. My others problem is that the servo that I have is not listed on the instructions. If anybody could help me it will be very appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Tony

Staff member
Moved to the help section of the forum.

Blinking red on the gyro means you are in the servo setting mode, and you are set on 333 HZ. That is where I would start. To move through the settings, you just flip your gyro switch down then up quickly. To change the settings, you will move your rudder stick left or right. Make sure you have your gyro position 0 set at 65% and position 1 set at 35%. 65 is HH and 35 is rate mode.

Just in case you have not done so, download the file below for the gyro. It's much easier to read than those small little papers they come with. Let me know if this help.

http://rc-help.com/files/ga250.pdf

Oh, and to check your servo settings, plug the servo directly into the Rx to find center. Then plug it into the gyro. The arm should be in the same place on both. If they are not, then select another servo setting in the gyro menu. Hope this helps.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Have noticed one thing with the Assan 250 gyros. They donot like rate mode at all. They glitch out. (tiny of you remember with my 250) , I just setup a friend's 500 and he had the same issue. Fixed it by taking off the rate mode totally while flying.

Just my $.02 :)

Tony

Staff member
I never fly in rate mode, but you have to have one of your settings pointed to rate mode to enter the setup. After it's setup, then you can do whatever you want with it. But if you ever have to change a setting, you are going to need rate mode again.

Top Bottom