500 happy 4th

murankar

Staff member
I wish it could be happy after tonights display of rubber necking.

Okay ill try to explain what happened. If you go on google earth and search for ft hood texas, then look for I-190 and Clear creek road. Once you find that on the north west corner of the intersection is where our fireworks were shot from. Along the north side of the freeway there was cars parked in the grass between clear creek and bell tower. Anyhow this is a freeway with a speed limit of 75mph.

Mind you that area had over 75 cars parked watching the display. Every car had more than one passenger with them watching. Basically there was a lot of people parked just off the shoulder of the freeway.

Right after the display started a truck driving around the speed limit veered off the road and struck at least 3 of those parked cars. The truck flipped slid and then came to a stop on its wheels.

If you want to find out more it happened in killeen texas, at least that's the city ft hood is linked to.

So far all i know is the drive of the truck is not injured and same with the by standards. Not to mention my youngest son was screaming his head off because of the loud noises.

Happy forth of july y'all.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

holtneil

Hi Muranker, thats really bad mate glad no one was hurt , i drive a semi and they get out of control very easy

murankar

Staff member
Yes it was not a good night. I have not seen any official report yet but rummor on facebook (my wife still has facebook ) is that a roman candle was launched at the vehicle. I am not sure how true that is but that's the story as of right now. At this point still no serious injuries have been reported.

Just shocked that law enforcement allows people to park off of the highway like that. I understand that its crowded but there are better alternatives that dont involve parking by vehicles moving at 70 plus miles per hour.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Top Bottom