General Happy 4th everyone! :)

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
What ever you do today scratchchin:, maybe even get the chance to fly :twothumbsup: just be safe and enjoy your Independence Day! :beerchug:

KLA

Hey Ivan and Rodney, a bit late, but hope you guys had a safe and happy 4th. I didn't get any flying in either, it rained here most if the day yesterday. Maybe this coming weekend.

trainrider06

yeah my flying has been stagnate here lately, after working in the heat all day I don't wanna get out and do diddly squat on my days off! Plus I don't wanna puff any batteries flying in the heat either.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
yeah my flying has been stagnate here lately, after working in the heat all day I don't wanna get out and do diddly squat on my days off! Plus I don't wanna puff any batteries flying in the heat either.

Yeah just like Texas, we are in, as they call, "The dog days of summer" in FLA. We are around 105 degrees with the heat index and no chance of rain in sight this week. Maybe next week rain. I fly in the morning or evening to stay away from the heat. I didn't know that the heat will make your battery puff up. Thanks for that 411 Rodney. I'll keep that in mind.

trainrider06

Well Ivan, I didn't know that either, but I had a battery last summer almost brand new puffed on me, it was hot as hell that day, so it coulda been just a crappy battery, or it was hot and over heated the pack. I didn't run it too long or too hard, ran it about 4 mins and the pack had like 3.95 per cell on it, but it puffed up pretty good on me. I just don't bother now when its so hot out. I'd do like you and fly early morning, but I am a night owl, and cannot get my rear outta bed in the morning early enough to pack up and head to the field.

KLA

That's the nice thing about where I live. There is a small field right across from my house where I can comfortably fly my 230S and even just hover or test fly my 450's. But, if I really wanna fly my 450's all I have to do is back to the Soccer field that is only about a half mile from my house. But like you said, Rodney, it's too hot to do any flying here too. Granted it's not as hit here in PA as it is there in Texas or Florida, but after working outside all day I sure don't wanna stand out in the heat and fly a heli. Lately it has been anywhere from about 85° - 94° here in PA, and that's hot enough for me. Don't even wanna think about it being 105°. That would be a little bit too hot.

But if I do any flying at all, mornings and evenings it is!!!!

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Here lately I fly whenever I can. Including in the wind as shown in my last video lmao. Gotta do what I gotta do to get video.

Top Bottom