Hanging planes

Adam

I dont know what the right way of hanging planes is so i have one plane right now and the other one should be here next week. My hobby room slash office is getting pretty organized soon i think the couch will have to go lol. Any ways this is how i hung it and i like it. Input your thoughts or comments.
20120909_142018.jpg

20120909_142018.jpg

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Man I am thinking of hanging my p-51 plane too.

What size is this? Looks amazing man! How did you do it. Spec needed heehee

What's the weight of this plane ?

This looks really good Man!!!

Tony

Staff member
All of mine are hanging from the ceiling. I have never trusted hanging them from the prop or from the tail on the wall. In that pic, it looks like you would be putting the landing gear under a lot of stress.

Adam

the plane is about 2.25 pounds without batt. And yes it is hanged by the landing gear on this one. I dont know how i will hang the next one but here is some close ups it doesnt seem to put stress on it it hangs pretty free two screws and some nylon rope.
20120909_174158-1.jpg20120909_174118.jpg
I wouldn't do it if it looked like it was doing any harm.

20120909_174158-1.jpg

20120909_174118.jpg

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
look good. Mine I hang from the ceiling. i screw a hook in the joist and I made a sling out of little bungee coards and strapping. Crossed them under the wings and hong them from the hooks.

Adam

Ya i dont know how i will display the Nexstar yet of course i wont know until i have it and figure it out. One of the key things i read about that plane is as long as i do my flying with the club if anything happens they replace it or repair it. Hmmmm it wont be flown until i have instruction with me.

Tony

Staff member
Don't bank on that. Clubs will help you out, and if an instructor crashes it they may or may not help you out to repair it. they will all help out, but I doubt they will buy you a new plane if it's destroyed. It's very rare.

Adam

no hobbicos guarantee not the clubs but yes I wouldn't bank in that they Srebrenica just stating that with instruction people should be fine well hobbico hasn't met me

Top Bottom