Half and half clone

rchelipilot

Here is the same bird 15 minutes later. Not sure what broke in the air, but I suspect something in the half that is clone.
It hit so hard the camera woman shut off the camera, so didn't gat footage of the battery catching fire. YIKES

500 Clone crash - YouTube

rchelipilot

Something broke. I lost all aileron control.

- - - Updated - - -

One of the blade grip links has the top half of the hole gone. The other grip link has lost the entire end of the link. Those are the only parts of the head broken.
Skids and frame are not repairable. but the tail boom is salvageable.

Lee

Links and servos are always the first culprit in loss of control. The problems is, the crash will damage these too, so you never know if it was before or after the crash.

rchelipilot

After sleeping on it and watching the footage again I'm going to call it pilot error. At the time I was attempting a roll, and was still inverted when changing from zero pitch back to positive pitch, which drove it down down to the ground so fast.

idon'tknow!

rc-help EXPERT.......????
GULP... sorry to hear that, is it repairable, or is better to buy a new one? Hope the damage isn't so bad that it can't be repaired, if you need a rotor head i might have a spare one, or two...also have some other parts if you need some.

rchelipilot

The frame is broken, so I will have to tear it down and start over. Good news is I bought an extra kit a couple months ago(so inexpensive you know). So if the electronics are good I'll be back at it soon. I also have "Mikeys" 500 he was selling a while back.

idon'tknow!

rc-help EXPERT.......????
good, so your all good for parts...glad to here your part inventory is good...if that happened to me it would be a few weeks before I could be back and flying. Have you considered getting a gorilla gear? One guy one helifreak had his 500 drop 100 feet because the lower J bolt came undone, but the gear didn't brake, and it saved him tons of spares. Again glad to hear that you are not going to be kept out of the air to long. Will it still be able to be called half & half? Was a good title for it...lol.

treff

Sorry to hear about the crash. I look on it now as more spares dropping in from the sky LOL. One rainy day your going to have enough bits to build a complete bitsa model and I bet it will fly the best. After all, most of the spares will have been crash tested. Cheers

Top Bottom