Prop Ha im the first here

64impala

Just wanted to be the first to post here. I will use these to keep up with my planes in the future. I have a really cool project build right now that I will release after i see if it is capable of flight. You guys will like it. Just stay tuned.

64impala

So I got a little sidelined with work and training and all, you undestand Tony. Well here is a sneak peak at my latest crazy idea.

2011-04-21001334.jpg

Tony

Staff member
I would set it up at 1/3 wind chord toward the leading edge. The problem with that plane, is the elevator is in the front, so it may be a little different. And something that is going to make it really hard to fly, is it's got no stabilizer. So, it's going to want to yaw really bad

64impala

Ok so I grew some and went across the street and tested out the wright flyer. I cant beleive it it flew like dream. Sadly it probly was the best flying plane i have flown. I have it on one (i know) emax 1600kv 6x4prop 1600mhr lipo orange rec, 25 a eflight esc 2 7g and 1 9 g servos auw 19oz. I cant upload video for some reason with my connection but when I do you guys will be the first to see this historic event haha. Oh yea maidened the f117 as well. Once i got it ballanced it flew amaizingly easy until the sun got in my eyes and i lost orientation. By the way i have plans for a p38 lightning at 50" balsa build but very detailed if anyone wants a copy for future use! Just shoot me a line and i will email them to ya.
wright1.jpg
wright2.jpg

Tony

Staff member
That is awesome that this plane flew. I was worried about stability of this little bird with the controls so close to the main wing. But, it flew and that is what counts. Now, get that video posted hahaha

And I'm working on why this moderated your post. If that happens again, let me know and I will fix it.

Lee

Awesome build there. I really look forward to some video of this. Thats my sort of project build. Maybe when i move into a bigger apartment :D

Whirlybird

Your cheating Impala :nono: Orville and Wilbur "warped" wings instead of having ailerons :)

Awesome looking build though :hdbng: off to the Smithsonian!!!!

64impala

I think warping would be impossible on foamboard lol. I also only have one motor but it is awsome in the air. If anyone wants I can get the smithsonian plans at my scale in pdf that I used for the build full size only 2 sheets at like 46 x 30 in. I think this was one of my fav builds too.

Top Bottom