450 Gyro working or not?

Hey guys , being a newbie the more I learn and research and fly the more knowledge I gain and experience I get , I have a couple of walkeras that I'm learning with and after 6 weeks and a few minor crashes can hover including nose in and do gentle circuits ...wooohoooo! Bully for me u say lol but I'm very happy with my progress , but I have a question , the Helis seem pretty stable so I'm sure all is well but when I see YouTube vids of guys setting uo there gyros ect when they move the heli ie tail left to right ect the gyro and auto correct moves the tail blades to counteract rotation , however when I move my Helis in all any direction nothing moves ? Are my gyros working ? Have I got my devo 7 set up correctly? Any help would be apriciated thanks guys

Tony

Staff member
Make sure you are in HH mode and not rate mode. Rate will still correct, but it's only there to STOP the movement. Whereas HH mode will actually try to return it back to the position it started in. You will do this in your Tx under the gyro menu.

Yeeh Tony I've been looking through my tx but the only modes under the gyro settings are Auto or Manual unless I'm missing something which wouldn't surprise me lol , thanks

Tony

Staff member
You will more than likely go with Manual. I'm not a 9x or whatever Tx you have, guy lol. I have never had one in my hand. However, when you change to manual, you should have a number on there, or a couple of numbers that will either go from 0 to 100, or they will go from -100 to +100. Halfway will be NO gyro, or like there is no gyro. Above half way will be HH mode (this you want) and below will be rate mode (this you do NOT want to fly in). Hope this helps.

Yeeh I'm assuming these are the gyro gain numbers % u mean and I have them all set at factory recommended settings at 80% and the tx is a Devo 7 , thanks again

Top Bottom