1. If you would like to get rid of these banners and the ads within the posts, all you have to do is sign up and they will go away!
  2. Welcome to Rc-Help, are you here looking for the PDF Plans? They are located in the store in the tab above, but you must be signed in to access that part of the site. It only takes a second to sign up!
  3. Like Us On Facebook!
    Hello Guest, it occurred to us during that last server failure that we had no way of informing the members of the site of the failure and I would like to invite you to like us on facebook so that you can get updates if the site happens to go down again. We don't post much over there unless we are updating the members so we will not flood your feed like some places do. Just click on Like and then allow notifications and that's it. See you there soon!

Click Here To Rc-Help's Facebook page!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, I see you are not signed up on our forum yet. Did you know Registration is FREE and is only a couple clicks away? You can even sign in from Facebook, Twitter or Google+ for your convenience! So what are you waiting for, CLICK HERE to join in on the conversation!

Misc. Gyro Is Working Less...

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Hirobo.61, Aug 24, 2018.

< Discharger Update 02 | Bouquets To Helidirect Ikon Support >
  1. Hirobo.61

Hirobo.61 Member

Blog Posts:
    Retired
    I have a Spektrum DX6i and a Hobby King HK4018 gyro (soon to be replaced with a Futaba GY240) in my old LMH110 (converted to electric). While practicing hovering, I noticed that yaw (both directions) at about 1/3 speed and up, is getting worse and worse. So while holding the helo and rotatating it I found the gyro to be working fine at low/idle speed, but as rpms increase the movement from the gyro decreases proportionately-no gyro input at all at 1/2 speed. The Delay is set at 50 and the Limit is 100.
    Is there an adjustment in my TX program and/or in my gyro to correct this problem? I probably should mention that my ESC (it's old,name unknown) has been getting hot (only while flying). This is also going to replaced ASAP.
    Thank you.

2. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

Blog Posts:
    Sounds like there is some vibration in the helicopter that is causing the issue. I would highly suggest getting a used Align GP780 gyro which can be found online pretty cheap now days. I have one paired with an Align DS520 and the tail is rock solid!

3. Admiral

Admiral I Support Rc-Help! Rc-Help Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Information Technology (Retired)
    When I used the HK 401 Gyro years ago you had to open the case a put a layer of Hot glue on the bottom of it and then press the board into it while it was still hot, this stopped the board rattling around causing issues.

4. Hirobo.61

Hirobo.61 Member

Blog Posts:
    Retired
    Thanks again Tony for your suggestions; the bird is vibrating somewhat, but it's the worst at low rpms. I'll rebalance the rotors today and see if that helps.Have a great weekend.

5. Tony

Blog Posts:
    Here is the thing with these helicopters. When they are first spooling up, they will go through a very rough vibration, every helicopter has this. Once it gets into the higher rpm that you would usually fly with, you get a resonance vibration which on some gyros, causes the issues that you are seeing.

This could also be a voltage issue, but I'm not thinking that is the case.

6. Hirobo.61

Hirobo.61 Member

Blog Posts:
    Retired
    I just installed a Futana GY 240 and it truly a world of difference from the Hobby King; rebalancing rotor blades didn’t chang anything with the Hobby Long gyro, but vibration is much less. Hovering is so much easier with the Futana gyro! Thanks so much for taking the time to help me.

7. Tony

Blog Posts:
    It's our pleasure, I'm glad the new gyro is helping out the stability. Sounds like the old gyro was on its way out causing issues.

< Discharger Update 02 | Bouquets To Helidirect Ikon Support >