General Gyro interferes with other servos on my Helicopter

Sniper III

Hi everyone,
I am a newbie to Heli's and I thought the best way to learn about these was to start a build from scratch, I have been following loads of videos from here to help me assemble my 450 clone and I could not have done some of this without these excellent tutorials.

I have a problem that has just started.
Components used are:
Dx6i, The receiver came with it so it was bound at the factory.
analog servos for the main three components to the swash
digital tail servo
Assan GY250 Gyro

What happens is, when I connect the tail servo, all three of the other servos just jiggle about randomly.

So assuming it was the Gyro, I attached a Hobby King 401B, and I get the same problem, replaced the tail servo no change, replaced the spectrum receiver with one from Orange no change, replaced the ESC with an up-rated one 40 -> 50 Amp, no change, reset the transmitter to defaults both before and after changing the receiver, and still no results.:frown:

Some thoughts I had initially:
1. Can you reset the Assan to a factory setting and how could this be done?
2. Could it be in the wiring somewhere

Could someone please point me in the right direction as I am now stuck!

TIA

Vic

Tony

Staff member
Unfortunately there is no way to reset the gyro, but I doubt that is your issue. Regarding your issue, even with the info you provided, we are going to need a video to help us better help you with it. some movement is okay and is normal. Post a video if you can. Make sure to let us know what servos you are using as well, meaning make and part number. Like EXI D213F, Align DS425 and the like.

Tony

Staff member
Roger that. I will be waiting... Maybe lol. Moving stuff to the new house, so I'm a little tired.

Sniper III

Tony Hi,
I fixed the problem, perseverance seems to be the key with some of this, there was a post I came across that mentioned this as a "glitch" :kickcan:

So for info in case others go the route that I did:
Main three Servo's are tower Pro 950
Offending Tail Servo Corona DS919MG this combo seems to cause erratic servo movements not just the swash, ail and elevator.

Fixed by replacing the Tail Servo with a HPI SM1,
then reset everything from scratch, which is why it's taken some time to reply...

So the fix reported in the other thread was to coil the tail servo cable with a toroidal coil, I'll try this later to see if it works!

So now on to the next problem Tail wag, so time to do some more reading and watching your videos on this.

Vic

Tony

Staff member
And the Corona servos strike again lmao. I didn't have any luck with them at all when I had them and will never buy them again. Glad you got it sorted though.

As for tail wag, that is all done in your Tx under channel 5, or the gyro menu. Remember, 50 is like you have no gyro at all, above 50 is HH mode and below 50 is Rate mode. Always fly in HH mode. I always start with 65% on the DX6i and go from there. If there is too much wag, I will go to 60% and try it again. Trial and error. Let us know how it goes.

Top Bottom