600 guys I am still alive and working on a new heli

Charles38fla

Hey guys I am back lol

I have been away for a while because I have been going through a lot of family issues. My mother passed in march and I had to take care of final preperations. Mu appartment was broken into and they took all my helis. I finally have a new heli that I am working on that I got from a friend that didn't know how to build of fly the thing. It's an align 600 nitro. Redline 53 nitro engine, all futaba servos, no gov. Very very good gyro. It's the align gp780. I am having an issue with the tail though. Each time I try and hover the bird it spins. I have checked the setup of the gyro, checked the gain, the direction of the tail in the tx and nothing seems to help. Maybe I need to check the gyro to see if the gyro is reversed. I had to rebuild this thing from the ground up. Even the engine I had to rebuild. New throttle body all new gaskets and screws. I do know this though. It sounds amazing lol. I'd appreciate any advice on the tail issue guys. Thanks !

EyeStation

Welcome back!
You say the TX tail direction is fine. Have you checked the gyro correction direction?
I think Lee posted a quick check here. If you push the tail from the blades side, the tail slider should move towards your finger.

Lee

Hi Charles,
Def sounds like you have the gyro reversed.
Check my video link for Gyro servo set up in my signature below to verify if you have it correct or not.

Tony

Staff member
Moved to the correct section.

Welcome back. Lee's video on tail setup will get you going. I agree that is sounds like your gyro is reversed. You also need to make sure your tail is spinnign in the right direction. Looking at it FROM the right, the tail should be spinning counter clockwise. The blades in teh very back of the heli should be going down, front going up, and the top going backwards. ,s

Charles38fla

hey guys. Wanted to let everyone know that the 600n still is having issues with the tail. Wags almost uncontrolable. Need help lol I am also working on a 500 bell222 Here's a few images guys. Also you can see the 600n behind the bell22. I built both bird but the bell222 was the best build yet !!!! DSCN0805.jpgDSCN0806.jpgDSCN0807.jpgDSCN0808.jpgDSCN0809.jpg

DSCN0805.jpg

DSCN0806.jpg

DSCN0807.jpg

DSCN0808.jpg

DSCN0809.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Is there any way you can get us some video of what it's doing? This will help clear up a lot of questions.

Derek

WOW! Those are some fantastic pictures! Great looking helicopters! I'm not a "scale" flyer but I sure do like watching them fly. That Bell is awesome!

What is that on top of the battery, on the Bell? Is that a Low Voltage Meter for 6S batteries? If so, where did you get it? I'd like to have one.

Thanks for sharing the pictures! Hopefully we can get the tail wag issue worked out for you.

Stambo

Wow, that Bell looks pretty sweet, now we need some VIDEO of it flying. :)

What is that on top of the battery, on the Bell? Is that a Low Voltage Meter for 6S batteries? If so, where did you get it? I'd like to have one.

Derek check this out, I have 2 of them and they are great.
Alarm voltage is adjustable and they are really loud, I can still hear them when my quad is so far away I am getting a little nervous. :)
Or this one, looks like the same thing without the plastic case.

Derek

Thanks a lot, Stambo! That's helpful! I'll order at least one, for sure! It's good that they will go up to 8S. I'd like to be able to put on my Trex 500 and the 6S battery but I'd love to have one for my planes so that I can just keep flying until the beeping starts.

Thanks again!

Top Bottom