450 Ground test didn't go well

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Morning everyone, well hopefully we can finally get Hulk Jr. off the ground tomorrow if the weather holds up. For the past almost three weeks Mother Nature has not been kind to us mortals. Fingers crossed:thumbsup: and nervous like hell:nevreness:

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Hi everyone, weather came thru for us this morning. Fran setup the governor on the Talon 60 and figured it's show time. We took a reading when spooling up and noticed at 50% the blades were over 3200 RPM and screaming. Head was wobbly, most likely to unbalance 360mm blades. The yellow tape stripping might be the cause, looks good but will remove them. Prior to using these blades again have 325mm for the next spool up test. Also will replace the 13T pinion with a 11T one. Plan to recount the teeth in the main gear again, might have been off + or - for a true ratio reading. This is new territory for the both of us, does anyone happen to know the magnet pole count on a F2835 motor that fits a 450 size helicopter? Shooting for a lower head speed, pitch is no problem. We're real close and believe me building a scratch bird is no joke. Everything has to be spot on but that's the beauty of the hobby. Thinking out side the box:peaceful:

murankar

Staff member
does anyone happen to know the magnet pole count on a F2835 motor that fits a 450 size helicopter? Shooting for a lower head speed, pitch is no problem. We're real close and believe me building a scratch bird is no joke. Everything has to be spot on but that's the beauty of the hobby. Thinking out side the box:peaceful:
Depends on who made the motor. I want to say 6 but that's not accurate because I am guessing. There should be a data sheet that will tell you. Sometimes the retailer will list that as part of the description.

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Depends on who made the motor. I want to say 6 but that's not accurate because I am guessing. There should be a data sheet that will tell you. Sometimes the retailer will list that as part of the description.
Hi there friend, we looked up this motor on line and found a data with a lot of information but nothing on the magnet pole count. D.O.G sent me a text on you tube that may have the answer. I was off by two teeth on the main gear, correct count is 150T. Replace the 13T pinion with a 11T one and also removed the tape stripping from the 360mm blades. We'll put on plastic 325mm blades for the next spool up and hover test. Once this issue is resolved successfully, replace them with the original 360 carbon fiber blades. Since fran11784 reprogram the Talon 60, the slow spool up is something to see and enjoy. Best regards, Jim

Top Bottom