Greetings from the new chick!

Willowsmith

Hiya, I am currently a member of our local flying club and am just breaking into the hobby. Initially I joined the hobby due to it being something my husband is really into, while I am not all that good as of yet I feel I am learning rather well. At the least I can make giant circles in the sky!

I had gotten to being able to land...mostly correctly but had to take an extended break as my plane won't fit either on the back of a Ninja 250 or in the silly rental car the body shop gave us, dang hail damage. :(

Ah well, nice ta meet you all. :victorious:

Tony

Staff member
Hey Willow, glad to see you made it over here! If there is anything we can do to help out with anything Rc related, just let us know. If there is one thing we love doing on this forum, it's helping other members. Make sure your husband signs up as well.

:welcome1:

Derek

Hello there, Willowsmith! Welcome to the forum! It's very cool to see another female in the hobby! My wife has just recently gotten her first couple of flying experiences with me and she does pretty well. If you've got pictures/video of what you are flying or driving...post them up. We like seeing what our members are up to.

Tony

Staff member
Derek, your wife needs to get her own profile on here! Let's make this a Co-Ed forum!!! lol.

Tony

Staff member
Hey Melyssa, Just found this thread lol. You were right, you signed up.

I'm going to build a plane that I want to bring out to the field and let you fly to try to get into flying more. I still need to build it and shoot the video on it, but once it's done, I want to bind up to your Tx and let you have a go at it. I'm sure you won't have a problem flying it. Just give me some time to build and set the plane up and I will bring it up to the field. And if you crash it, you just owe me a cookie :biggrin1: (inside joke).

bbj

Welcome to this forum Willow. Its nice to see another female on here. I agree you should get your own page and handle plus its fun flying with the guys isn't it.

Willowsmith

Sorry it took so long to respond, moved across the country and had a mass of crazy happen. I wish I had the chance to fly it Tony, I will have to visit at some point just for that AND I will bring a bag of cookies just in case of crashing ;)

To all the fellow chicks, it can be super fun to fly especially when you see the surprise when you mention to the dudes that you actually fly.

Tony

Staff member
Melyssa! I was wondering what happened to you. Where did you move to?

When you come back here to visit, you are going to have to hit me up!

As for the plane, I still have not built it. I can't even remember what plane it was that I was going to build! lmao. But I do have an idea.

I will PM you my number when I get my new one. You had crazy happen, as did I. Just one more thing to push through lol.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Willowsmith

I moved to Georgia, currently near Atlanta. PMing your number would be awesome and I do plan to visit at some point. We have a lot of buddies in OK. :) Yourself included. I can't wait to fly with you, cookies in hand. ;)

Top Bottom