Great to be here

D Aug

Hello everyone, wanted to introduce myself. I am a veteran of third Infantry Div. I live in Paducah KY, am married with son 15 and daughter 12. We live about 20 miles from KY Lakes area . I am new to the hobby I am working on a blade 450 with dx6i radio. I am learning more everyday, with the help of sites like this one, I learned last night how to set up my throttle and pitch curves for hovering, just need to take pitch readings. Am proceeding very slowly with this and haven't flown it yet. I not charged the battery yet, the charger that came with is dc only and don't feel like using truck battery, weather here has been bad flying anyway windy and cold. I am researching an ac/dc charger so I can finish checking swash and pitch:lol: any help or recommendations will be appreciated, I do need to read a little more about my throttle hold setting as to my throttle and pitch curves. Its great to be here and I learned a lot already from Tony's dx6i video's that's where they really came to light, very helpful.. Thanks James Augustino

Derek

Hi there, James! Welcome to the forum! We are certainly glad to have you here. The weather here, in NE Indiana, has been pretty bad, too. A 450 sized helicopter is great to start with and that DX6i transmitter is also great to start with. That was my first programmable radio. If you have questions about your helicopter or radio, just browse through the forum and find a sub-section of the forum that relates to your question. We'll be around to help you out.

Admiral

Welcome to the forum James, I came to the forum for help with the 3GX system and liked it so much I stayed, I'm sure you'll find all the help you need here.

Barge

Welcome James, I stumble across here when I was googling for set up help with my 450L and 3GX, I use Futaba gear and there's not a lot of users here but that is not a problem at all, I've manage to set the radio up by converting Spekrum settings to Futaba and that is working fine, I'm very close to my maiden flight, and without the help and how to's here I would be a lot further away than where I am. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay.

Regards

Tony

Staff member
Hey James, welcome to the forum! Everyone has to start somewhere so don't be afraid to ask questions.

For a first charger, I will say this, do NOT get a chinese charger. I HIGHLY suggest the iCharger 106b as your first charger. I have the 306b and LOVE it. Here is what the numbers mean. 106 means 10 amps, 6 cells. 10/6. 306 is 30/6. I don't think you will need a 30 amp charger for quite a while.

These are DC only chargers, but I have a solution for that too. Get an HP server PSU. I have a video on this, and since you are only going to use one, you will NOT need to do a Dc ground mod on it. Just plug it in and go. And unlike a computer power supply, you don't have to put a load on the +5 volt side. It's as simple as soldering some bullet connectors on it, plugging it in to the wall and charging your battery.

Here is the link to the charger section where Gaba and I post how to do this stuff. Again. you do NOT have to do the ground mod, and you only have to plug it in.
Rc-Help - Chargers

And your service to out country is GREATLY appreciated! Thank you!

murankar

Staff member
Welcome to RCH. Lots of great info here. Tony's videos are a great resource.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Welcome to the forum James, I did 6 years as an 11B with NMNG just signed another six as a 25B knees are giving out at 38 years old... I do miss the infantry though. I know you are going to love your 450 when you get spooled up. I have been looking at a new charger and from all the research I have done I think Tony has great advice on the iCharger series. That is what all my research has been pointing me to. You will find great advice on here. I too am new to flying and the guys on here have given great advice to get me flying.....

Good luck with your 450

Top Bottom