450 gp790 gyro tones

Bruno

Is it the gyro that goes through a series of tones when initializing?
Any idea why at times the tones are of a less volume than other times.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, should have posted this in gyro subset.

Bruno

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, should have posted this in gyro subset.

So....I thought for a moment and realized it is the ESC that tones not the GYRO. It is an Align BL35P ESC. My interest is duie to the fact that the ESC was toning continuously during initialization and then the volume of the tone decreased. I thought it may be that it was indicating that the tx battery was low. I changed the batteries in the tx and the ESC tones normal. Any ideas?

Once again, I apologize for not starting this thread in the appropraite category.

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
You did start it in the right forum. If this gyro is on a 450, it's all good. And yes, it's the ESC that sends minor signal to the motor that makes it sing. When it gets quieter, you could be pushing the can harder against the magnetic field. If you hold your hand on the motor, it will get even quieter.

The Align ESC will beep at you continuously until you add throttle. I'm not sure why or how to make it stop since I don't have one anymore.

RMB677

If you're like me you don't hear the tones unless you happen to be wearing your hearing aids. :untroubled:
I just watch for the little "kick" on the motor then I know its ready. Seems since I reached 65 (now pushing 68) its been one thing after another.

Bruno

If you're like me you don't hear the tones unless you happen to be wearing your hearing aids. :untroubled:
I just watch for the little "kick" on the motor then I know its ready. Seems since I reached 65 (now pushing 68) its been one thing after another.

Lol.....good to know. Actually, I realized it was muted because I had the throttle stick up a bit during initialization.
Don't need to hear to fly.....lol. Gotta see pretty will though.

Top Bottom