General Going Brushless

Capn Pete

Am thinking of changing my brushed motors for brushless. Am I correct in assuming that I also would need to change the receiver and ESC? I see kits with the main motor and tail motor, but logic says there should be more. Would it rewire larger batteries?

Tony

Staff member
First thing we need to know is what helicopter you are wanting to convert? But you won't need to change your Rx, but you will definitely need to change the ESC.

Tony

Staff member
Quite honestly, I would leave that one the way it is, and just get the brushless helicopter kit. It would save a lot of headaches in the long run.

Capn Pete

Brushless heli kit? As in a from scratch build?

I was just looking thru the site. I could have sworn I saw a glossary of terms. Can you tell me what determines the different sizes? i.e.- 450, 700, etc.? I got the inkling that it is the length of the main rotor blades, but am not sure. Would some place like scaleflying.com be a good place to get a brushless kit?

Tony

Staff member
They sell the brushless helicopter on banggood ready to go. I didn't relay correctly, when I said kit, I didn't mean an actual kit. I meant the entire helicopter. Here is the link to it.

WLtoys V913 Brushless Version 2.4G 4CH RC Helicopter RTF

And the helicopter sizes can get a little confusing. Anything 500 and smaller are usually sized with motor size. a 250 has 205mm blades, a 450 has 325mm blades and a 500 has 425mm blades. But 600, 700 and 800 are all blade length in mm. Of course this isn't always true as with the newer models that are coming out, they are going more towards blade length than motor size since most have massive motors for their size.

Sorry for the confusion.

Top Bottom