Goggles Goggle antenna

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey there. I should be receiving my Eachine VR-007 goggles soon. I've notice that in one of the video reviews that they switch out the SMA antenna, that comes with the goggles, to a RPSMA antenna. They mention it was a better antenna but didn't mention why. Can anyone explain to me the difference between the two?

Tony

Staff member
Going to have to see the video. SMA and RP-SMA are two completely different antennas. One is male, and the other is female. And the RP in RP-SMA stands for Reverse Polarity.

Just stick a clover on it, 4 lobe, and you will be fine. That is all I run. I have thought about a patch or helical, but I get enough range with what I have to fly where I want to fly so I never bothered.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Going to have to see the video. SMA and RP-SMA are two completely different antennas. One is male, and the other is female. And the RP in RP-SMA stands for Reverse Polarity.

Just stick a clover on it, 4 lobe, and you will be fine. That is all I run. I have thought about a patch or helical, but I get enough range with what I have to fly where I want to fly so I never bothered.

Thanks Tony for the Help. Here's the video I was talking about. I could of said it wrong https://youtu.be/rYuquJEpRjE also you mention clover antenna, is this what your talking about? US Warehouse | FPV 5.8GHz Circular Polarized VTX Antenna RHCP Short I'm trying to learn.

Tony

Staff member
Okay, i get it now. He was saying that it has the RP-SMA socket so if you get a new antenna (and I would, rubber duckies suck), get one with the RP-SMA.

Tony

Staff member
Yup, and that is about the best antenna you can get for the money. It's the same ones that I use all the time. Just make sure your quad is Right Hand Circular Polorized as well, or your range will not be good.

Top Bottom