250 Goblin fireball build

junior10

it was a fun build, had to sand down the anti-rotation bracket and mess with the pitch in panel 7 on the mini ikon 2 but i think it turned out ok. now i just need to get her in the air.

Geena

Staff member
Nice little helicopters. I saw Justin beating his up at IRCHA, and it is a very capable little machine.

junior10

I did a maiden and everything went ok, I do have a quick tail wag. My tail gain is 30% in the ikon, I'll lower it and try again later. Vib analysis showed everything in the green.

Smoggie

Thanks for the slideshow. I've heard a few guys on other forums having issues with wag on the tail. I'll be interested in hearing your thoughts on the heli after you have a few flights under the belt. It's a really interesting design. Too small for me though, I've given up on anything smaller than 450, too much like hard work in my experience but maybe this one is different.

junior10

i just gave it another go, mostly hovering in the back yard. the tail wag is all but gone, i've lowered the gain down to 24. later this week i should be able to stretch its legs just a little bit. i might even try rescue

junior10

Easy straightforward build no surprises. I sanded the tail shaft and ar bracket and never had that bad tail wag. The little bit I had went away with lowering tail gain. The comet should be even easier to build, no tail boom to connect.

Top Bottom