600 Goblin 570 help

James Kleros

Well when I set up heli I get 0 pitch when the blades are running parallel to the boon but when I rotate the blades I get all different numbers?

Geena

Staff member
If I`m understanding this correctly. You have the pitch gauge on the blades when you rotate them? If so, the values will be different when you rotate the head, because the gauge was zeroed to read the blades with the blades parallel to the boom. As long as you got zero pitch on both blades when they were parallel to the boom, you are fine.

Tony

Staff member
Are you using a digital pitch gauge? If so, when checking the pitch, you have to check it in the exact same place every time. Meaning, if you calibrated your gauge on the front of the helicopter, then you can only check pitch with the blade sticking out the front of the helicopter. It is calibrated only to that place. Moving it to the side will cause it to be slightly out.

James Kleros

Ok that's great now when you do menu G on the AR7210 and you get 0 and you go to j and let's say you get 6 degrees but before you moved the stick and it wasnt 0 if you go back to g will that 6 degrees change the pitch in menu g?

Tony

Staff member
In Menu G, you set your servos to exactly 90º to the swash links, and then you completely level the swash and get 0º at mid stick. In Menu J, you are telling the gyro exactly where 6º of cyclic pitch is. It is not adjusting anything inside the gyro other than telling it where 6º is located. And you should get a blue light even though I don't think I ever have. Also, make sure in Menu J that you are only checking the cyclic pitch at the same orientation that you have your gauge calibrated to. If you are checking roll (with the blades parallel to the boom), then the gyro will automatically know where pitch is located. Hope this helps.

Tony

Staff member
I would definitely get all of the servos in the correct ports. I have always connected them the way it shows in the manual so I have no idea what would or could go wrong if they are not in the correct place. It could throw off the gyro corrections, or it could do fine, I just have no idea since I have not tried it. And at this time, I don't have a BX gyro on anything to test.

murankar

Staff member
It's been almost a year since I set up my 570. Anyhow when I did mine I made the main shaft perfectly plum vertical. When I had everything dialed in for zero degrees of pitch I was within a tenth of a degree all the way around. I was very particular /OCD about my setup. I also have my goblin on Vcontrol and a Neo. In the end my fbl will dial out any imperfections.

Top Bottom