600 Goblin 570 Fbl (and Some Questions)

scotmurie

Hi all,
This is my Goblin570. The spec is; She is a complete setup ready to add a receiver and fly. It is set up for 6s with scorpion motor, Kontronic jive esc, Align 610 on the cyclic, Align 655 on the tail and is also fitted with the spirit flybarless controller and 3 batteries 5000mah. It had 2 spektrum satellite receivers installed which the previous owner kept .
My question is as follows -- I bought a new DX8 RX with AR8010T telemetry receiver. Do I need to install the receiver to gain all functions or can I just fit satellite receivers and would the receivers require to be the same model ?
Goblin570.1.png Goblin570.1.png Goblin570.1.png Goblin570.1.png Goblin570.2.png

Attachments

• Goblin570.3.jpg
    Goblin570.3.jpg
    277.3 KB · Views: 5

Smoggie

She looks great!

The receiver you have could work but it doesnt have single line output capability meaning you would have to run multiple wires between the Rx and the FBL which is a bit messy and doesnt give telemetry or integration support with the FBL.
You would be better getting an SPM4649T receiver. You could probably sell the one you have and cover the cost because the SPM4649T is much cheaper. The SPM4649T is tiny and allows single line hook-up to the FBL, plus telemetry. It also gives integrated FBL setup from your transmitter so you can make field adjustments to the FBL right from the transmitter. On a bigger heli like the 570 you would ideally also run a satellite for added redundancy.

You will have to re-setup the FBL for the new transmitter but that's not too hard to do.

scotmurie

SPM4649 ordered should be here this week. What type of satellite would I need or could I use the one from the AR8010 that I have ?

Smoggie

You don't strictly need a sat because the 4649 has dual antennae, however if it were me I'd use one for good measure. The one from your existing receiver will do fine.

I've also just ordered the same receiver for my Goblin 700 plus a new Spirit Pro

Top Bottom