500 Goblin 500 - What Tail Servo?

I just pulled the trigger on the Goblin 500 (Red/Black) from Experience RC. It showed to be in stock and I paid for the 3 day shipping.

Anyways, on the Goblin website they have the servo recommendations for the cyclic but on the tail they just say standard 40mm - I'm still a newb so any suggestions would help. Not sure what torque/speed to go with. I'll be using the Futaba T8FG Tx.

Thanks again

wolfman76

WELL IT IS OFFICIAL YOU ARE THE FIRST ONE ON THE FORUM TO GET A GOBLIN!!!!!! CONGRATS CAN'T WAIT TILL I AM ABLE TO GET MINE but i think i will be going for the 630 or larger

- - - Updated - - -

we will deff. need build pics and video if able...lol

Lee

Actually he's the second, but Jamie doesn't come on here very often. He has the 700.
Congrats on the Goblin 500 dude. We want 100's of pictures when it arrives. Bert Kammerer did a build on it, not sure what servo he used.

WELL IT IS OFFICIAL YOU ARE THE FIRST ONE ON THE FORUM TO GET A GOBLIN!!!!!! CONGRATS CAN'T WAIT TILL I AM ABLE TO GET MINE but i think i will be going for the 630 or larger

- - - Updated - - -

we will deff. need build pics and video if able...lol

Well I am definitely no expert builder. I have only built one heli (Trex 450 Pro DFC Super Combo). I will definitely take pics and try to do a video. I have Trex 250 Pro DFC coming this Thursday too. I think I will build it first to get some more experience before tackling the Goblin.

Experience RC Website showed the red /black Goblin in stock ( but the yellow/black out of stock. I ordered the red/red black and hope it will be here this week. I paid for the expedited 3 day shipping. Did you have a recommendation for the tail servo?

murankar

Staff member
Gyro

Here is the URL to savox servos. Look about half way down and the 40.3mm servos are there. Then length measurement is what I think they are talking about.

Derek

for the tail servo, the MKS HBL980 has been highly recommended....I have very little experience to talk from, but I just did some searching and the MKS HBL980 is talked about frequently.

murankar

Staff member
If you got the cash the mks serves are the way to go. If not savox is definitely a good choice. Also in David web site check out the flite packs and see if they offer a discount on a bundled deal. I know they have one for the 450s not sure on the 500s.

If you got the cash the mks serves are the way to go. If not savox is definitely a good choice. Also in David web site check out the flite packs and see if they offer a discount on a bundled deal. I know they have one for the 450s not sure on the 500s.

Could you send me a link to Davids web site, not sure who he is or how to get to his site.

Westy

LEGEND
I Like My MKS servos .... totally water proof and Titanium on the cyclics on my 600 ESP ..... oh ... and GOOD ON YA ON the GOBLIN 500!!!!! ---He Quivers with Envy--- :grief::chargrined::hororr::blue::grey::very_drunk::sorrow::boohoo::thinking::yourock:

stokke

Congrats on the AWESOME purchase! Please make a build thread and take tons of pics. Thanks :D

murankar

Staff member
Edited this. I double posted.

That was meant to be Davids. I got autoed on that one. I am referring to savox web sit.

Last edited:
I may as well, heck, it is a Goblin! I dont know what to go with being a 6 month newb. Give me what you would would put in your Goblin.

ESC?
BEC?
Motor?
Pinion?
Cyclic Servos?
Tail Servo?

Give me some scenarios to look at. I don't have a clue what to put in this unit.

Westy

LEGEND
If it were my Goblin!!!! .... Now that is a great line of interest.for me my dream kit out would be:

ESC: Kontronic 120Amp

BEC: Super Hercules - Western Robotics

MOTOR: Quantum - 4120 (1200KV) 6mm shaft = correct size for the drive pulley 18T or Scorpion HKIII-4020-1100/1350

PINION: X no pinion .... Drive pulley = stock ratio = 18T

CYCLICS: JR DS3717 HV or I would start with these: MKS DS-9660A

TAIL SERVO: MKS HBL669 (0.04 sec)

GYRO: Mikado Mini V Bar

But hey that is what I would do LoL

Last edited:

Lee

I would go IKON or BeastX over mini V bar, for the reason, you are a beginner and V bar is a lot more fiddly to set up. BeastX is easy and IKON/MSH BRAIN is childs play.

Top Bottom