500 Goblin 500 Set up Help Needed

Well I fished the build on the G500 but am just too dang nervous to maiden it. maybe I can get some help from the more experienced heli pilots out there.
Here is my set up

1.) Quantum 4120-1200
2.) CC talon 90 ESC
3.)Hercules mini BEC - not yet installed
4.)Ikon FBL
5.)MKS tail Servo - HBL 980
6.)MKS cyclic servos - DS 9660 A+
7. 2 - Pulse 4500 45C Lipos

I need some help setting up the govenor mode on the talon 90 (if it has one)
Also, what pitch/throttle curves do I need to set it up in IUP1 & IUP2 & normal flight as well
Also throttle hold, what pitch do the main blades need to be at when in throttle hold position for autos (if indeed this was necessary)

Thanks in advance for the help!! I'll send some pics when later

Westy

LEGEND
Hi There.

Are you ready for 3d? if so .... your pitch range is dependant on your aggression and ability and flying style.

run +11 to -11 on pitch for IU,IU2 and TH

throttle if governed .... you can run flatlines ... you will have to work out what head speed you want to run.... or experiment with a flat line curve until it feels right for you. you could start at about 75% flat for IU and 85% for IU2.

i have been seeing some issues with the Talons smoking up on the 500 Gobbies (not hte heli's fault) ..... not sure what is going on with them. here is the thread on another Forum that I was reading

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Talon has a governor . It probably came with a coupon to buy the castle link programmer for free . It hooks the talon up to your laptop and lets you program it and with it set the governed rpm 's and such

You have that yet? It's a very important peice to have. If you don't have it, I would wait to fire it up without getting the esc programmed :)

Let me know

I have setup a few castle esc's now .. Mine and friends here locally. Setup is common to all castle esc's.

Let me know when or if you have it

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

I do have the coupon but do not currently have the adapter . I'll wait till I get it before doing the maiden. On that note, I was flying my trex 450 pro dfc today and got too low to the river and I made a bad decision and in she went!

Are all my electronics fried or is anything salvageable. It was the super dfc combo with all align servos , motor, esc, 3GX V 3.0. What should I replace, all electronics??

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Sorry to hear that bro!! :( really really sucks

You probably don't need to replace all electronics

I am sure it's disconnected now .. Let it all dry up. And then ... Try connecting it

See what all comes alive and works .

It's hard to say. Only you can judge that

Sure hurts to see bird go in water

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Tony

Staff member
I would be taking everything apart (covers, heat shrink and so on) nad stick that in a bowl of dry rice. It may be too late now, but that is how I would dry it out. The warranty is gone, so no harm no foul there.

Lee

I have an ESC that went in the sea a year ago, and its still working. The motor should be fine. Just strip it apart, wash it out with distilled water, leave it in rice for a couple of days as Tony said.
Servos/esc and gyro leave is rice as well.

Lee

I have an ESC that went in the sea a year ago, and its still working. The motor should be fine. Just strip it apart, wash it out with distilled water, leave it in rice for a couple of days as Tony said.
Servos/esc and gyro leave is rice as well.

Top Bottom