450 GOBLIN 380

scrc511

Hello folks, been a while since I've been here but I have a few questions with regards to my Goblin 380. Using a Vbar NEO and Vcontrol radio and she flies great. My questions are, in the NEO if you're using Vbar Gov can you have three different head speed for each bank? Seem like at 3000 it's pretty good. And how about the main rotor or head gain, I currently have it set @ 50 from 40..what's the good head gain for this Heli? I heard from a few that 60 is a good number also, any thoughts on this? Just trying to get rid of a little bit ocillation during fast forward flight. So far at 50 head gain seem like it's ok.
As usual guys your info and help is much appreciated.

murankar

Staff member
Yes you can. It's all controlled by the bank switch. That will be what ever switch you assign it to.

I have my goblin 570 setup wit 2000, 2100 and 2300 rpm. My Gaui X3 was setup for 2700 3000 3200. Again just by assigning it to my bank switch.

Also in your banks you will be able to tune the heli biased on that head speed. So if high head speed causes the heli to be too twitchy then adjust the agility and dual rates to suit your needs.

Once your banks are set up for the desired head speed then go on and rough tune the gyro.

Lastly the governor will either be from your esc or the neo. I have mine setup for the Neo to do the governor. This will result in more tuning of the governor. If your using the hobby wing esc then life is easy. Setup the governor and your pwm throttle pecentage do a 30 second spool up calibration, throttle hold unplug the heli, repower and fly.

Just remember each bank can be setup independently. Mikado has mentioned that when doing your setup do it all in bank one then copy those settings over to the other banks for starting points.

scrc511

Hi, yes I have it set up like that at the moment. She flies great, head speed at Bank 1-3 as follows:
2900 3100 3300.
The main rotor gain currently at 55 and tail rotor at 49, seem to hold very well. I don't really fly hard like I used to. Been on and off with this hobby. Was just fortunately to own a VControl in such a good price can't resist, $500 with one hard case and a sat. Radio looks pretty clean as well, could easily pass as new.

Regards!
Rick

murankar

Staff member
That's 249 under retail so that's a good deal.

If you can front the money on a neo I would. It's a more versatile gyro. It can be upgraded for airplanes and quads. With the sat link you have all you would need is the non rx neo.

scrc511

That's 249 under retail so that's a good deal.

If you can front the money on a neo I would. It's a more versatile gyro. It can be upgraded for airplanes and quads. With the sat link you have all you would need is the non rx neo.

Forgot to tell you, got the Goblin for $$500 with all the electronics, all BK servos, Xnova Tareq Edition Motor, HobbyWing esc and a NEO with pro upgrade and rescue. Got a very good deal on the heli as well.

Regards!
Rick

scrc511

IMG_4373.JPG
It has a angry Bird color scheme before, but had a mishap couple of weeks ago. There she is now with the sport canopy and yellow boom which I like better. Flew a lot better than when I first got it. It has the KSE skid also.

Cheers!
Rick

Top Bottom