General glue

Tony

Staff member
It depends on what kind of glue you are talking about. Any CA glue will melt foam if it's not stated that it's foam safe. And I'm not sure I would use "contact" glue as it goes on quite thick. That stuff is made to lay laminate onto cabinet tops. Just use white elmers glue if you have it down there. Works great.

falcan

thankyou for that would be grate to have these foam kits over here postage is too much for me :sadwavey:

- - - Updated - - -

white pva over here can be watered down

murankar

Staff member
White PVA is used for model railroads. If your assembling then hot glue is the preferred go to method. CA can be used if it is foam safe. Since your dealing with EPO then go with hot glue.

falcan

White PVA is used for model railroads. If your assembling then hot glue is the preferred go to method. CA can be used if it is foam safe. Since your dealing with EPO then go with hot glue.

pva watered down is for glueing brown paper on the fuse reading for painting

murankar

Staff member
Okay so what is it you are trying to do? Glue a covering to the plane or are you trying to assemble a plane? Personally I would glue any kind of covering to a foam plane. I would opt for packing tape if the airplane can handle the weight. That will provide some water repelling if your plane cant get wet like foam board.

falcan

assemble a planes wings spread out any axis wait to get tacky lam/ together have not glued epo foam yet

- - - Updated - - -

Have found a place in Booragoon here in Perth WA that sells Depron foam high density 3mm and 6mm x 1000mm sheets

murankar

Staff member
Go with hot glue then. Used correctly it is strong and durable. Bit has one down side. Depending on the glue stick it could soften on hot days. This is not the case with all hot glue. Since no two brands are formulated the same. Some folks opt for high temp while others use normal.

Top Bottom