250 Giving on Blade 300X - Need A Replacement???

Tony, I have a spectrum AR6210 receiver with a DSM satellite. I plan on putting this on the trex 250 when it comes in. Do I need the receiver on the heli, or can i just plug in the satellite to the 3GX, and Do I need to purchase the second satellite or would 1 be enough. Or do i just need to go with Futaba SBus mini ( I have the Futaba T8FG TX too)

Tony

Staff member
I skimmed through this thread and did not see what Tx you are running. If you are running the DX6i, then you will have to use the AR6210 Rx and just plug the satellite Rx into the 6210. But, if you are running a DX7s or DX8, then you can just order another satellite to match the one you have (I highly recommend two satellites. One may work, but I don't know for sure and have never tested it) and you can plug it right into the 3GX like I have on the 600.

I skimmed through this thread and did not see what Tx you are running. If you are running the DX6i, then you will have to use the AR6210 Rx and just plug the satellite Rx into the 6210. But, if you are running a DX7s or DX8, then you can just order another satellite to match the one you have (I highly recommend two satellites. One may work, but I don't know for sure and have never tested it) and you can plug it right into the 3GX like I have on the 600.

I do have the DX6I - Just trying to limit the elecrtronics on this little thing as I have been reading about limited spaces to install and/or having to tear the bird down to work on it.

Would you suggest to go with the spectrum or the Futaba Sbus?

Tony

Staff member
Either way is going to be about the same. I like Spektrum, so I"m going to support that one. REally, there are not that many wires. Yes, there are 6, but it's ONLY the signal wires for those 6, not the power wires, then there is a third plug that sends the power from the 3GX to the Rx.

On the new 250's, you can mount the 3GX in the same location I mounted mine on the 450, under the main shaft inside the frame. Then, you will mount the Rx in the gyro #2 position up on the boom block I think. Either way, as long as you do a little wire management and take your time with it, it will look clean.

Either way is going to be about the same. I like Spektrum, so I"m going to support that one. REally, there are not that many wires. Yes, there are 6, but it's ONLY the signal wires for those 6, not the power wires, then there is a third plug that sends the power from the 3GX to the Rx.

On the new 250's, you can mount the 3GX in the same location I mounted mine on the 450, under the main shaft inside the frame. Then, you will mount the Rx in the gyro #2 position up on the boom block I think. Either way, as long as you do a little wire management and take your time with it, it will look clean.

Thanks again, I did a terrible job on the wiring of my 450 pro dfc, (first heli build) do you know of an links to show some wiring jobs on the 250 and 450? I really need to re wire my 450. I put the futaba rx in the bottom and the 3GX above the tail servo, I know now that is backwards of what it should be. ( protect the gyro first ) instead of the rx.

xokia

If you want to sell some parts off that 300x I might be interested in those crabon fiber blades.
Let me know.

Bad as I hate to say it, I'm going to keep this 300X and just keep fixing on it. Although, I have the Trex 250 Pro DFC Super combo (be here Thursday) and the The "Goblin 500" which will be here on Wednesday this week as well. I dont have any electronics for the Goblin yet, still trying to decide what set up to go with? Any suggestions would be helpful. I don't do hard 3D but am thinking I would like to set it up for it anyways. I might get there one day.

Tony

Staff member
Always set the heli up as if you were going to do hard core 3D (less the sensitivity). That way, if you have a motor go out or strip a gear in the air, you can just hit throttle hold, and you will have enough negative pitch to keep the blades rotating for an auto down. Could help save the heli.

xokia

I was looking at the sookum stuff myself. I like the idea of being able to set a altitude flight deck. I haven't heard of any people using it successfully yet though.

I got the 250 Built and i am trying to test the ESC/RX with the 3GX. I cant get anything to work right. I have the Futaba R6106HFC RX (6 channel ). Will this rx work with the 250. all my signal wires take up all 6 ports on the rx, none left for battery. How can i make this work or do I have to have a 7 channel rx???

Thanks for the help. What I did was on channel 3 where the purple signal wire plugs in to the rx, I took the black and red leads off the supplied battery servo extension and pined it to the 2 open spots next to the purple wire and the other end to Batt out on the 3GX. Everything is working fine now.

One more question; How come i get no motor beeps when powering up the 3GX

Bringing an old thread back, I read (and saw videos of) that said that if you're having issues with vibration causing the gyro to go mad, buy a T-Rex 450 tail hub and grips and install. It's a drop-in replacement, and vibration is gone.

I have the 250 pro DFC with an IKon FBL. I am not a good pilot by any means but I have fun with it.. Granted this is the first CP heli I have ever owned but I can tell you that the screws are small and you do not need to torque them down.. A little lock tight and they hold pretty well. I have checked them after running some packs and they have never vibrated loose. Once again I cant fly hard 3D so maybe I am not the best one for advice on this heli..

I can speak on fixing them and they are easy to work on and if you dont over tighten the screws you should not have a problem.. People say the tail crap. I am still getting a little wobble and shake now and then but I dont know how much of it is me setting it up or the actual tail.

I wish I could provide more info maybe when I become a better pilot.

Top Bottom