getting back into heli's

mainly

hi, had a bit of trouble logging in there...

just looking to get back into helis again. 4 years ago after crashing my beam e4, its been sitting in the corner ever since, so i threw it up for sale. then one day i picked it up and started picking at it. and before i knew it i was pulling it apart, discovered i had all the spare parts in stock to get it functioning again. even though i had forgotten 90% of everything i learned a few years earlier, 7-8 hours later it looked like a heli again. still not the healthiest but i hope to get it back in optimum flying order.

in the meantime ive been practicing on RF simulator and bought a couple FBL micro helis that are fun to learn on as they dont hurt so much when i crash, which is a lot.

a couple of heli max 100 ss' and a blade nano cpx w/ brushless motor upgrade.

also picked up the new trex dominator 450l kit w/3gx included, so ill be using the cool tutorial on the 3gx here on the forum. its nice to have a foolproof guide to help someone like me who doesnt know a lot. the trex 450l manual is absolutely horrible and hard to understand.

Barge

Welcome aboard Mainly, I have a couple of friends from Oz that are working at a goldmine at Marathon, are you anywhere near there. Once you see Tony's excellent videos the 3GX manual starts making sense, but I still setup flight modes with the 3GX hooked up to the laptop, have you got the 3S or 6S version? I have the 6S and it's an awesome machine, goes together really well. I was thinking of getting a Futaba CGY750 gyro but the 3GX is going ok so we'll see what happens, but I am a Futaba fan.

There's plenty of great advice around here and I'm sure you will enjoy your stay, great move getting back into helis, they are simply the best. Cheers

mainly

Welcome aboard Mainly, I have a couple of friends from Oz that are working at a goldmine at Marathon, are you anywhere near there. Once you see Tony's excellent videos the 3GX manual starts making sense, but I still setup flight modes with the 3GX hooked up to the laptop, have you got the 3S or 6S version? I have the 6S and it's an awesome machine, goes together really well. I was thinking of getting a Futaba CGY750 gyro but the 3GX is going ok so we'll see what happens, but I am a Futaba fan.

There's plenty of great advice around here and I'm sure you will enjoy your stay, great move getting back into helis, they are simply the best. Cheers

thanks alot , no im nowhere near there.

alberta, canada actually

its the 6s system. kit came with the align 460mx motor, battery, all servos, 3gx and ESC.

the poor english in the manual just doesnt give me enough confidence to proceed without knowing what exactly theyre talking about, which is why i need videos and tutorials like these.

the heli is put together, wasnt fun, especially getting the tail boom mount in the frame after the manual tells you to first bolt up the frame, only to have to loosen all the screws off again, to get in the boom mount.

but of course that was the easy part, now to start on the mechanical setup and electronics.

Tony

Staff member
Welcome to RCH! What kind of issues did you have logging in? I'm right in the middle of trying to fix some issues with the forum and any troubles will help with that.

:welcome1:

mainly

Welcome to RCH! What kind of issues did you have logging in? I'm right in the middle of trying to fix some issues with the forum and any troubles will help with that.

:welcome1:
when i was trying to make the first post... when i would log in it would would bring up a banner something like "thank you mainly for logging in" but then i would be kicked out(not logged in) at the next screen.

strangely in another window of the browser i was logged in the whole time.

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, that is called a "Log In Loop" and it's something that I"m working on. A quick cure for this is to clear your cache, or just switch to a different browser for a bit. I do apologize, but I am working on it. It's quite frustrating lol. ,

murankar

Staff member
Welcome to RCH. We have a few members here with that same kit so ask your questions as the come up. Looking forward to seeing your build progress. We love pics and videos here so dont be to surprised if you get a bit of ribbing from not doing so.

danhampson

Most of us came here with little to no knowledge of the hobby and the only stupid question is the one that's not asked.
Good luck with your trex build and welcome.

Top Bottom