get it set up then fily bar paddle comes off

heli-maniac

was trying to get my EXI 450 set up to hover
was a little windy for me being a newbee but what the heck got to try
got the trims set close got it up a few times then on the last try the carbon fiber fly bar paddle came off i did what i could to save it from crashing bad

looks like just the training gear got killed and the paddle is gone

this one is were i had to save it got lucky

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvRdEy2S93A

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony

Staff member
Glad you got it back down to the ground. One suggestion though. Put the stock flybar paddles on with the weights all the way out. This will make it much more stable when learning. It looks cool to have the CF paddles on there, but it actually hurts when learning.

heli-maniac

thats what i plan to do the heck with that fancy stuff it may look cool but im trying to learn
they were a cheep set any way
and the training gear is a cheep set from Exheli think im going to look in to better set

Tony

Staff member
If it's the 2-3mm CF rods (the training gear), it's what I used when I learned and it's what I used in my videos. It's much better than wood that likes to jar the heli if you land too fast.

Just remember, no matter what training gear you get, it will have a horrible time drifting to the left when taking off. Wood is a lot worse than CF because the heli will bend the CF and that helps. keep it up man, you are doing great for just starting out.

Tony

Staff member
Correction. I think the training gear I used was 4mm CF rod. the 2mm is for the smaller helis like the 250.

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, the 450 is too heavy for 2mm rods and will break them pretty easily. If you get some 4mm ones, they shouldn't break. and if they do, you will have more to replace than just the legs lol.

heli-maniac

i know thats right may be if i find a better set i will not be so worried about it
i used that same gear on the Erazor and it would brake the landing gear every time it hit alittle to hard so im being over cautious with the EXI on them

Top Bottom