Georgia Heli Swarm

RMB677

I stumbled on a meet this weekend that does not appear to have been widely published. Its the "Georgia Heli Swarm" being held in Covington, GA. It is sponsered by the Newton County RC Fliers. Strange but there is no mention of it on their web site.

The meet is on Lackey Rd., up from the intersecton with GA Hwy. 36 in Covington, GA. The dates are Friday through Sunday Oct. 5, 6, & 7. The phone number on the flier is 770-843-5584, Michael Calendar.

Since its about as close as I expect a meet to get, within 2 hrs. from home, I'll take a run over on Sunday weather permitting.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I am not sure how that is gonna be.. But from my experience, its always fun to go to such events.. even if you dont fly. I went to the Austin heli fun fly here ... couldnt fly because of 40mph winds.. lol.. but people were flying, and I was just there for fun! :) add to that being a part of the raffles (if they have any) and winning stuff.... heheee

RMB677

I took a ride over to this meet this morning (Sunday), a waste of time other than a nice ride and buying the Mrs. lunch. Got there around 11:15, there were no more then 10 guys standing around in two groups talking. I was totally ignored even after asking if anything was scheduled for today. The only comment was "were recovering from last night" and they went on with their conversation, second group didn't even get a look see. The helicopters that were on the tables looked like 600 and 700 series to me. Both electric and fuel. Granted there was a resonible wind but the larger helis and skilled pilots should have had no problem. Hung arouind till noon to give a restaurant we passed a chance to open and when I saw an individual that appeared to be a dealer/rep packing it in knew nothing was going to happen.

Big disappointment but at least I know to avoid their meets in the future.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Bummer! Man! That sounded bad!

Ohh well there must be more fields around with better crowds! See if you can give them a shot sometime. :)

Tony

Staff member
i know I have went out to the field and just sat there and chatted it up and never flew anything. Sucks they ignored you though.

Top Bottom