Gentle 3D With the 700 Turbine

jamiem

Had a little trip to the field today, it was -2 and a light 5mph or so breeze, and christ did it get your fingers numb quickly! Anyway, we had the 700 turbine out, and recorded a short flight. It's nothing that exciting, but I still love flying it - the smell of Jet A1 is like nothing else :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Lee

Nice one Jamie. I'd be scared of decking it in. All that ££££

Morelight

Fearless Freep
beautiful heli and very nice flying. i'm envious - a turbine 800 is on my bucket list - the smell and sound of turbine's - better than the rankness of a peeler bar imo. :angel::highly_amused:

she seemed very easy to work with in the cold air.... nice slow controlled movements. I know for real aircraft air temp makes a difference: ie very hot air vs very cold air for say stall speed type maneuvering.

Did you notice that as well?

Cheers

jamiem

The only thing I notice in the cold is that a) the turbines take 2 attempts to get started, and b) my fingers don't work properly! I don't think it flys any differently though :)

murankar

Staff member
I was told once that the colder the air the more dense it is, makes for better flights. This came from a "real" airplane type pilot. Not sure how true it is but makes sense.

Tony

Staff member
With big engines, that is true, like real planes, or my car and such. Smaller engines like in a T-Maxx, heli, or even a turbine, the power gain is negotiable at best. Tuning in the winter is easier since there is less humidity to deal with however lol.

Top Bottom